Just say "no" to pointless threads

Mirumoto_Chris
Org Profile

Post by Mirumoto_Chris » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:02 pm

)v(ajin Koji wrote:What can one actually do about it?
Well, there is always the kicking-and-screaming temper tantrum approach. I don't know how effective it would be, but it remains an option. :wink:

Or the ever popular, "spam the boards until I get banned" tactic. A favorite of l33t k1dz everywhere. :roll:
Mirumoto Chris
Freelance Samurai - Locked in mortal combat with his PC
"Let's say I am a man is search of a vision..." - Mask of Zorro

Knù¢klés
Org Profile

Post by Knù¢klés » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:04 pm

I don't know, thats why im asking.... )v(ajin...!

although one could start by beating you with a a baby seal in one hand and a copy of evangelion in the other....
TheKorovaMilkbar Q: Why does Fei where those hot pants half-way up her crack? (cowboy bebop)
Kracus A: because it is easier than wiping

http://player.id-t.com

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:10 pm

Knù¢klés wrote:although one could start by beating you with a baby seal in one hand and a copy of evangelion in the other....
Right-o.

I simply ask because if you can give me a good way, I'll do it. People asked for the intro thread-I made one. People asked for the "What Are You Listening To Right Now?" thread, I went against the admins and made one. They have been successes because they were ideas that went against the adminsitration, but a set of rules was made and they worked.

I, strangley enough, am on your side. :roll:
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Knù¢klés
Org Profile

Post by Knù¢klés » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:23 pm

)v(ajin Koji wrote:
Knù¢klés wrote:although one could start by beating you with a baby seal in one hand and a copy of evangelion in the other....
Right-o.

I simply ask because if you can give me a good way, I'll do it. People asked for the intro thread-I made one. People asked for the "What Are You Listening To Right Now?" thread, I went against the admins and made one. They have been successes because they were ideas that went against the adminsitration, but a set of rules was made and they worked.

I, strangley enough, am on your side. :roll:
it looks like ive finaly corrupted you.... just dont start agreeing with me.... i only hang about here because u make it interesting.....

ne wayz my first idea was a good one and if ur willing.... id like to give it ago.... but if you want another reason.... we could request a special rank for 1 member, for example "you" which gives that said member the power to delete and/or edit posts.... because Vs threats normaly get out of hand mainly because of 1 member and his obsation with Wolfwood.... not naming ne names.... but he knows who he is...... but like i said 1 guy to keep the Vs a freindly place for all but with enough freedom to voice your opinion in a western democratic way.....

* invade cough cough*

or you could just start one for the hell of it and see how far it gets.... up to you.
TheKorovaMilkbar Q: Why does Fei where those hot pants half-way up her crack? (cowboy bebop)

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:11 pm

I make it interesting eh? Well this is where the agreeing stops unfortunately...

You're pretty much taliing about making me a MOD, this is not going to happen because the admins/MODs here probably most likely don't want me to be one.

Although I think an elected member to become a MOD here would be a very good idea because it would strengthen the weakening respect that the members have for admins/mods.

Knù¢klés
Org Profile

Post by Knù¢klés » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:30 pm

)v(ajin Koji wrote:I make it interesting eh? Well this is where the agreeing stops unfortunately...

You're pretty much taliing about making me a MOD, this is not going to happen because the admins/MODs here probably most likely don't want me to be one.

Although I think an elected member to become a MOD here would be a very good idea because it would strengthen the weakening respect that the members have for admins/mods.
no i wouldnt make you a MoD, like i would give u that much power over me! ha..... no, on php forums u can make special ranks which can give members access to certain parts off the forum and certain powers in that section.... unlike that proboard thing you have....

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:32 pm

Ah right. Well, I would agree to this mini-mod kinda idea :P Quite a good idea really I think.

Knù¢klés
Org Profile

Post by Knù¢klés » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:24 pm

)v(ajin Koji wrote:Ah right. Well, I would agree to this mini-mod kinda idea :P Quite a good idea really I think.
Im starting to regret giving you that idea.... would we really want a world were )v(ajin has Editing and Deleting powers in General Anime... *shudders*

but!.... you've got my vote... because it what be interesting to see what would happen.

ryuu_hime13
Org Profile

Post by ryuu_hime13 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:11 pm

Is it just me...

Or have there been a LOT of threads locked lately? For one thing, there have been some weird really senseless threads, which definitely desrve to be locked, but the point is they tend to clutter up the board. It isn't so bad at the moment but there have been days where it's lock after lock. Maybe someone should post a thread about what SHOULDN'T make a thread, or what's likely to get a thread locked (i.e., gratuitous bumping, ranting, downloading, etc.)
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
-Akira Kurosawa

Cloud Clone
Location: Lost in a river of bleeding tears where no one will ever find me...just kidding, I'm not a homo.
Org Profile

Post by Cloud Clone » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:25 pm

Most of that's probably up in the forum rules, but no one ever reads that. Sorry for the site pimping, but MegaTokyo's forums have permanent sections for certain important stickies at the top of the page, apart from the real 'meat' of the section. You can see it for yourself here. Notice how some of those threads probably considered "pointless" are stickied? That's why no one makes any 'favorite so-and-so' threads there, so it cuts down on some of the locking. Or if someone does create one, the mods are well-justified in locking them right away. AMV could take a lesson on that one. I'd put this in site suggestions, but it's just as well to put it here since we're on the topic. *shrug*
You're lucky... I've decided to let you live to see the day when I will rule the world.
-Prince of Spam

Return to “General Anime”