Evangelion Episode 23 Director's Cut proves the following...

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:09 pm

Throw in "when electrolyzed" after the second part that you bolded, and the perceived contradiction disappears :)
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Excalibur00
Org Profile

Post by Excalibur00 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:15 am

I perfer to like the psycology behind EVA and not too much on the techinical things. Thy are trying to explain things that most likely is supernatural into scienitific theoies.

Sue most things can be explain, but trying to gives u a headache.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:28 pm

Excalibur00 wrote:I perfer to like the psycology behind EVA and not too much on the techinical things. Thy are trying to explain things that most likely is supernatural into scienitific theoies.
...yeah, i think most people understand that that's the reason for the show's popularity, should be a given, but thnx for clarifying
Excalibur00 wrote:Sue most things can be explain, but trying to gives u a headache.
yeah, most people do get those, you don't even have to think about it, just reading the long topics is enough to get a good headache :wink:
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

EXODO
Org Profile

More than one Rei???

Post by EXODO » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:14 pm

I really think that there is or there was more that one Rei.
This is for various reasons:
1) There is a huge thank with lots of REIs. (DUH!)
2) I know how the other REIs died.

Rei No. 1
When the mother of Ritsuko (the scientist) started on the NERV corporation she was in love with Shingi's father. But Shingi's father did not gave a dam about her. He one time came to the office with Rei insted of Shingi all of a sudden. One night when Ritsuko's mother was working late little Rei came because she ws lost. Ritsuko's mother tried to help her but little Rei called her a b**ch. Little Rei told her that that was the name her "father" used to desribed her. And started to tell her all the nasty (but truth) thing her father said to her at her back. This pissed off Ritsuko's mother and strangeled little Rei to shut her up. She killed little Rei and feeling bad about it Ritsuko's mother commited suicied.
End of Rei No. 1

Rei No. 2
After the dead of Rei No. they developed Rei No. 2 Who si the one we see thought the story. Remember the angel in form of serpent (string)? Well he killed Rei No. 2 that is way when they go inspect the capsuled they dicided to keep it in secret. When Rei is walking home after that accident you see her all wraped in bends but when she arrives she takes them all off and she had not even a scratch. How can that be possible?!?! And at NERV basement they keep a big machine to store all of REIs memories so when something happens to the last Rei they can download the memories of the last one.

Rei No. 3
Rei No. 3 is the one that destroies the world and appears naked until the end. :)

ATTE: EXODO
Studios: STUDIOS EXODO
Trying is the first step towards FAILER!!! <awayoflife>

SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:38 pm

So to summarise the above post:

Rei 1 - Developed as a clone of Yui Ikari mixed with DNA from Lilith, creating some kind of human-angel hybrid. Killed by Akagi Naoko after (accidentaly) insulting her.

Rei 2 - Developed after Rei 1 was murdered, this is the Rei we see throughout most of the series. She is killed by the 16th angel, Armisael.

Rei 3 - Developed immediately after Rei 2's demise (to cover up evidence of things such as the dummy cores, Rei's true heritage, etc), she differs fundamentaly from the previous two Reis as she feels anger and resentment toward Gendo for not allowing her to die (somehow she has memories of her previous existences). She later disobeys Gendo, ruins his plans and merges with Lilith, creating what I can only describe as the Angel of Life and Death.

As a note of interest, Kaworu (the 17th angel, Taberis, the angel of Alternatives) was created in the same way as Rei, although his DNA samples were from an unknown human source and Adam. His date of birth (creation) was the same day 2nd impact occured, which makes him the oldest of the children (15 years old when you see him in the series)

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:59 am

SS5_Majin_Bebi wrote:the 17th angel, Taberis, the angel of Alternatives
You've been around me too long. It's Tabris, Angel of Free Will.
I'm not so sure if he has any of Adam's DNA, but he does contain Adam's soul. Likewise, it's not clear that Rei has genetic material from Lillith, but rather, that she contains Lillith's soul.

EXODO
Org Profile

Post by EXODO » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:23 pm

Tab:
Likewise, it's not clear that Rei has genetic material from Lillith, but rather, that she contains Lillith's soul.
And how do you know that Rei is the one that contains Lillith's soul??? And if Rei do not contain genetic material, how can she exist??? What is she made of???

ATTE: EXODO
Studio: STUDIOS EXODO
Trying is the first step towards FAILER!!! <awayoflife>

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:28 pm

Well, for starters, because Kaworu directly says so.

And her genetics are Yui's. That's made pretty obvious.

Then again, thinking back, it makes no sense to me why Kaworu, containing Adam's soul, would refer to himself as distinct from Adam, in saying "Born of Adam", "Must all born from Adam return to Adam", etc.
However, Seele clearly states "Adam's soul is within you".

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:01 pm

Mmm... it's more like this:

Rei 1: Born in NERV's basement in 2000 or 2001. Survived four seconds of strangulation by Dr. Akagi Senior. Survived the explosion of Unit 00 and recovered quickly because of Uber angel healing powers (which may have been the result of Rei-Armisael fusion). "Died" in EoE.
Rei 2: Kept in the Reiquarium until 2015 or 2016, at which point it became the core of one of the two Rei-based dummy plugs.
Rei 3: Kept in the Reiquarium until 2015 or 2016, at which point it became the core of the other Rei-based dummy plug.
Rei 4-15 (and up?): Kept in the Reiquarium until Ritsuko hit the "puree" button. #4 may have been used for "spare parts" after Unit 00 self-destructed.

I wouldn't rely too heavily on the DC of Episode 24; there's some stuff in there that causes contradictions. For example, when Rei is wondering "what did kaworu mean when he said we were alike?," that scene kind of doesn't make sense after the addition of Kaworu saying "Hey, guess what? You and I have the souls of Lillith and Adam, respectively! Isn't that neat?" Similarly, it doesn't make sense for Kaworu to mistake Lillith for Adam after SEELE tells him outright that Adam is in Gendo's hand.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:29 pm

EXODO wrote:
Tab:
Likewise, it's not clear that Rei has genetic material from Lillith, but rather, that she contains Lillith's soul.
And how do you know that Rei is the one that contains Lillith's soul??? And if Rei do not contain genetic material, how can she exist??? What is she made of???
Rei carries Lillith's soul because in EoE, at the point where Rei is sucked into Lillith on the cross, she says 'I am home' and then the words flash on screen 'Welcome home' (or sumtin to that effect)

so her soul is returning to where it belongs, that is how Lillith is completed and so on...

as for not containing genetic material, Tab said she doesn't contain genetic from Lillith, not that she doesn't contain genetic material at all... that would of course be dumb
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”