Inu-Yasha [Spring Special episodes 147-148]

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Skyshroud
Org Profile

Post by Skyshroud » Sat May 22, 2004 2:20 am

Any idea when it might air in the U.S.? Also, a little off topic I guess, but I just started getting into the seires, and AS has reverted back to the begining episodes. Anyone know of a good source showing later episodes?

Yukina_Raven
Org Profile

Post by Yukina_Raven » Sun May 23, 2004 11:09 am

At the current rate, I doubt the spring speical will show for a LOOONG time. :(

AS is actually showing new episodes at 11 p.m. Eastern on Saturdays. Currently their on episdoe 57. :D

Skyshroud
Org Profile

Post by Skyshroud » Sat May 29, 2004 2:14 pm

Thanks Yukina, I'll keep all that in mind. Would've posted back sooner but I was on vaction, just got back.

Shadowmage
Org Profile

Re: Inu-Yasha [Spring Special episodes 147-148]

Post by Shadowmage » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:24 pm

Yukina_Raven wrote:This would be the 'Spring Speical' of the anime series, episodes 147-148. Which means its also a filler. :roll: But joking aside, these episodes were AWESOME! I never thought I'd ever like episodes centered around the Inu-Yasha and Kikyo relationship. :lol: Anyway, these episodes explain how Kikyo and Inu-Yasha met and how their relationship grows through Kaede's eyes. It also explains how Kaede lost her eye, which I found pretty interesting. Not to mention the animation is beautiful! Here, this site has a better explantion of it then I could ever give.

http://www.ear-tweak.com/index.htm

So, has anyone else actually seen it? :D

............DARN YOU SUNRISE!!!! (and every other creator of Inuyasha excluding the Original Author) Why make ANOTHER filler arc!?!?!
The manga is already leaving the tv series in the dust, but no ANOTHER filler arc......... (Ok, this filler arc sounds like it has potential. Considering how I have not seen it, I cannot comment.... However.... I will say that over 80% of the filler episodes in Inuyasha were aweful.

Shadowmage
Org Profile

Re: Inu-Yasha [Spring Special episodes 147-148]

Post by Shadowmage » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:24 pm

Yukina_Raven wrote:This would be the 'Spring Speical' of the anime series, episodes 147-148. Which means its also a filler. :roll: But joking aside, these episodes were AWESOME! I never thought I'd ever like episodes centered around the Inu-Yasha and Kikyo relationship. :lol: Anyway, these episodes explain how Kikyo and Inu-Yasha met and how their relationship grows through Kaede's eyes. It also explains how Kaede lost her eye, which I found pretty interesting. Not to mention the animation is beautiful! Here, this site has a better explantion of it then I could ever give.

http://www.ear-tweak.com/index.htm

So, has anyone else actually seen it? :D

............DARN YOU SUNRISE!!!! (and every other creator of Inuyasha excluding the Original Author) Why make ANOTHER filler arc!?!?!
The manga is already leaving the tv series in the dust, but no ANOTHER filler arc......... (Ok, this filler arc sounds like it has potential. Considering how I have not seen it, I cannot comment.... However.... I will say that over 80% of the filler episodes in Inuyasha were aweful.

Yukina_Raven
Org Profile

Post by Yukina_Raven » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:11 pm

Ah, this is sadly true. The problem is that the manga HAS to live the anime in the dust so the anime doesn't accidentally get ahead of the manga. Or something. :roll:

Anyway, the whole Inuyasha story is ending soon anyway. The rumor that the anime is ending in September is true. The manga is supposedly ending in December. Which doesn't make sense. But then the fourth movie coming out in December is suppose to be the TRUE ending to the anime series. That rumor has yet to be proven.

Yeesh. :?

Trident
Org Profile

Post by Trident » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:48 pm

I thought the reason they did so many filler arcs (which I thought were mostly tolerable, though not great) was because Takahashi was such a slow manga artist. Is it really that far ahead of the series?

*shrug* If I were a studio, I'd try to avoid licensing unfinished manga... though I suppose then some other studio would license the series first. Eh, whatever.
"The dice of love are madness and turmoil."--Anakreon

duro
Org Profile

Post by duro » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:50 am

Well ive only cought a few but from what i have seen i really like it....

Princess Sadoriko
Org Profile

Post by Princess Sadoriko » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:33 am

just saw it today...tear. it totally changed the way i thought about kikyo... i always thought of kikyo as the bad/evil person becasue she tried to ruin inuyasha's and kagome's relationship...and the fact that she cant just give and die...

but these 2 episodes answered alor of unanswered ?'s dont u think?
anyways, nice to meet you all.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”