Just say "no" to pointless threads

EvaXephon
Org Profile

Post by EvaXephon » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:08 pm

Everything is pointless and meaningless since we're all just a bunch of bags of meat and blood walking around on an insignifigantly small dust ball floating in space and we're all going to die some day.

liek, os stfu bout teh pontles thredz, i dun caer. LOLOZ!!!111
Image Image

demented
Org Profile

Post by demented » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:39 pm

...so does eliminator threads count as a pointless 'vs.' thread? cuz I had a couple in mind
"Don't compare me to a demented poster!" - Moonlight Soldier

Knowledge is power, Power corrupts
...Study hard and be evil

Katsuru
Org Profile

Post by Katsuru » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:50 pm

HeartbreakerByZep wrote:That's crap. Granted, I love intelligent discussion, or even better, intelectual discussion, but why stop people from making versus threads? It's just as much opinion as the Anime vs western TV thread, not a bit more. You *can* make intelligent responses about who would win and why, sometimes people even do.
Well maybe they would be cool threads... but why can't they make a forum that is only for those threads??? i just made a thread like that... sorry... :oops: but now i think we should have a whole forum topic for people who want to talk about that stuff... just my thought...
-Katsuru
Naruto is the bomb!

Cloud Clone
Location: Lost in a river of bleeding tears where no one will ever find me...just kidding, I'm not a homo.
Org Profile

Post by Cloud Clone » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:39 pm

Sorry Katsuru, but it seems the mods don't like to do things that are suggested by regular forum members such as the likes of us because adding anything new just isn't in their "vision" for the org, I guess. :?
You're lucky... I've decided to let you live to see the day when I will rule the world.
-Prince of Spam

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:19 pm

Katsuru wrote:...now i think we should have a whole forum topic for people who want to talk about that stuff.
Read through this thread. The number of people who actually want to talk about this sort of 'stuff' is a very small minority. Why would they make a section *just* for that little minority when they don't even want to see that minority posting in general sections? Think about it - they were so bothered by a dozen threads that they had to make a general rule to get rid of them. Why would they turn around an encourage even more of that sort of conversation? It would defeat the purpose of this sticky - to cut back on off-topic or 'lame' threads.

But Paizuri did edit his post. If you really do have a legitimate, conversation provoking thread, then it doesn't matter if it's a versus discussion or not - just so long as it's more than a one-liner flame-war state-your-opinion 'useless' thread.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:21 pm

demented wrote:...so does eliminator threads count as a pointless 'vs.' thread? cuz I had a couple in mind
The threads where people actually give the *reason* they pick certain characters have a point, and inspire conversation. The ones where you just put down a number and the name of the character you chose...those are more pointless than even the worst vs thread.

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:22 pm

At first I was going to be pissed about this, but this is a much better policy than the one that directly proceeded it. Bravo! :D
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:23 pm

Oops, I should have mentioned that I'm still against these kinds of restrictions.
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

Knù¢klés
Org Profile

Post by Knù¢klés » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:53 pm

HeartbreakerByZep wrote:Oops, I should have mentioned that I'm still against these kinds of restrictions.
So what ya gonna do about it!?
TheKorovaMilkbar Q: Why does Fei where those hot pants half-way up her crack? (cowboy bebop)
Kracus A: because it is easier than wiping

http://player.id-t.com

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:57 pm

What can one actually do about it?
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Return to “General Anime”