end of Evangelion (episodes 25 and 26) - confused

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
EXODO
Org Profile

Evangelion

Post by EXODO » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:24 pm

About the last 2 episodes:
I think that the real story behind the EVAs story was the mental transition made by Shingi (the main character). As you can see in the begining of the series he was a very shy guy that never thought he could defeat his father. And at the end he is a more "violent" person more confident on himself. The real story is not about the evas, the angels an the end of the world. Is about the mentallity of our characters and how each one has changed because of the NERV corporation and the secound impact. The story is about the emotional and phycological transition the character has during the story. The end of the world is just something aside that is happening (like a side story to confuse you from the real story). That is way in the last two episodes are very strnge and in the last episode everybody starts clapping because Shingi is a better person (is like if he is trying to find himself and he finally did).

The movie was just to finish the side story (the end of the world story) for it not to be flying around without an end. They diceded to make the movie to give an answer to all the questions that didnt had an answer in the series. (In the EVA story). To understand the story you have to see it as 2 different stories:

1) What Shingi is passing thou and the mentallity change.
2) The EVA story and the end of the world.

This would make the explanation easier. You also see way Rei and Asuka are part of the experiments and way they decided to be part of them. Rei> Had no choice
Asuka> Wanted to be accepted by the others and be or feel special because her mother was crazy.
Shingi> Whats to proof to his dad he is worthy.

I hope this could answer your questions. :)

ATTE: EXODO
Studios:STUDIOS EXODO
Trying is the first step towards FAILER!!! <awayoflife>

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Re: Evangelion

Post by Daio Kaji » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:50 pm

good post, but
EXODO wrote:Shingi> Whats to proof to his dad he is worthy.
actually, Shinji finally realizes that he doesn't have to prove anything to his dad. all he had to do was accept himself and screw what everyone else thinks for the most part... at least the jerks

btw, i prefer EoE for all the reaons Black Monarch has stated and probably more :razz:

asuka's kicking ass scene is also more than just good times in a mech, it was her mental rebirth AS A HUMAN BEING!!!!...that felt good [/intoxicated hippie rant]
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

EXODO
Org Profile

Post by EXODO » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:14 pm

YES Daio Kaiji,
actually, Shinji finally realizes that he doesn't have to prove anything to his dad. all he had to do was accept himself and screw what everyone else thinks for the most part... at least the jerks
Yes you are right... BUT that happened near the end of the series. I was refering to the begining of the series. Shingi accepted to be a pilot of the EVAs to proof to his dad. At the end he realizes that he has noting to proof.

ATTE: EXODO
Studios: STUDIOS EXODO
Trying is the first step towards FAILER!!! <awayoflife>

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:46 pm

EXODO wrote:YES Daio Kaiji,
Yes you are right... BUT that happened near the end of the series. I was refering to the begining of the series. Shingi accepted to be a pilot of the EVAs to proof to his dad. At the end he realizes that he has noting to proof.
agreed 8)

btw, does EoTV cure Asuka's craziness?
that's one of the reasons i like EoE, it's clear she's all better

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:17 pm

Pffft, you care about Asuka, Daio Kaji?

Well I guess she does have like 15 trillion fans, but...

:)
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:33 am

yeah i guess i do, just since it's my favorite anime and i like to see the characters happy

but i just kinda got this thought

maybe Asuka isn't supposed to have her crazies cured, shinji was the main character and the most vulnerable, so of course he had his mental demons curred, but Asuka was a lot more stubborn, so maybe she's supposed to stay that way to kinda make a point... in EoTV anyway

but then again, it's shown at many times that many of the characters are essentially the same mentally, if you remember during the last episodes, they'd play pieces of dialogue from the series, but they'd be said to someone different than they were initially said, for example

in the series, Kaoru tells Shinji 'you are afraid of any kind of inital contact aren't you? yes it's true that by keeping urself at a distance, you avoid having a someone take advantage of you, but you must remember that you must endure the loneliness. Man can never completely erase the loneliness, because every man is fundamentally alone' (not exact, it's from memory)
but in EoTV, Kaoru says this again, but for Asuka instead, so that parallels the characters and i guess is enough to say that every character deserves to not have the crazies :razz:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”