AMV Software Lists

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
bawenrich
Org Profile

Post by bawenrich » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:54 am

Oh I'm sorry I guess I meant what software would you suggest using to RIP stuff from my DVD drive to my HD?

I would give away my capture card but I need it to capture stuff from my Video Camera.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:45 am

Use the link Janzki gives just above.
(Assuming this post doesn't start a new page...)

akicafe
Org Profile

Post by akicafe » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:41 am

I'd also like to note that there is a budget toned down version of final cut pro for mac OSX called final cut express.

http://www.apple.com/finalcutexpress/

y2kwizard
Org Profile

Post by y2kwizard » Fri May 07, 2004 1:59 pm

I'd like to add Cuisine to the list of NLE software for linux. Cuisine seems to be VERY early on in its evolution, and it looks like it'll be a long time before it's useful to the majority of people. Still, it looks like it'd be a lot of fun to mess around with, especially for C and Python programmers in linux.

http://cuisine.bigasterisk.com/home
"When I got fat, I decided to grow a beard" -- The Great Andy
"Is it a DARTH visor?" and "It's funny cuz it's pants" -- The Master of on-the-spot Funniness
"You're too young for your age" and "I'm sorry for apologizing so much" -- The Master of on-the-spot Randomness

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:33 am

Something new for doing rotoscoping, animated mattes, etc.: Curious gFx

Free trial available (requires registration).

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:46 am

Here's a collection of links to all things Vegas:
"A Portal For Vegas Users"

Maver
Org Profile

Post by Maver » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:09 am

don't forget the free stuff!
kazaa er i mean
Zwein-Stein
one of the best video editiors if you want to do chroma key effects in any color you want, i've had some real fun with the software and the starwars blue screens. mind you its a little buggy at the rendering part best to just let it do its thing and don't touch the computer :wink:
"When its your time to go its your time to go, so lets get going!"

TGP hosting, slow downloads for those that have no where else to go. Email me for detals.

gaurgo
Org Profile

premiere pro 1.5

Post by gaurgo » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:23 am

I just attempted to try adobe premiere pro 1.5
D/l...unzip, insta...wait..O/S could not be ided, Adobe site check...Pro is ONLY compatible with Windows XP? (and Mac) Urg. Well, for those looking at the list, its a rather important info update. Glad I tried before I bought ^.^

bubblehead
Org Profile

Post by bubblehead » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:04 pm

Maver wrote:don't forget the free stuff!
kazaa er i mean
Zwein-Stein
one of the best video editiors if you want to do chroma key effects in any color you want, i've had some real fun with the software and the starwars blue screens. mind you its a little buggy at the rendering part best to just let it do its thing and don't touch the computer :wink:
Well, I couldn't get the video and audio to play at the same time. Just one at a time. But maybe I'm just incredibly dense or something. Does work on XP otherwise, though it isn't listed as a compatible OS

About DDClip: once you get it to work (does work on XP, though it doesn't say so), it seems pretty good, though a little quirky and sometimes slow. Then you realize, in the free version there are no effects. NONE. Not so much as a fade. It IS nice that the video doesn't slide back to the start the way it does in Movie Maker, but otherwise... I want my fades!

Ah well, looks like I'll eventually have to buy a program... I'm not surprised.
My DVDs
http://www.google.co.jp>http://www.google.com
President of the Sequoia High School anime club!
I have a forum now. O.o Rabid Catgirl

emopunk1
Org Profile

Post by emopunk1 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:57 pm

bubblehead wrote:
Maver wrote:don't forget the free stuff!
kazaa er i mean
Zwein-Stein

About DDClip: once you get it to work (does work on XP, though it doesn't say so), it seems pretty good, though a little quirky and sometimes slow. Then you realize, in the free version there are no effects. NONE. Not so much as a fade. It IS nice that the video doesn't slide back to the start the way it does in Movie Maker, but otherwise... I want my fades!
I agree, DDClip is good if you pretty much want the most basic free editor without having to resort to Windows Movie Maker, but you have to deal with no effects.

It seemed to run a little buggy though, when I had the Xvid codec installed, I couldn't preview any footage I had saved as a project, so now, I have to uninstall the codec every time I start a new project.

It also seems a little annoying to manually align the clips, especially when they are very small.

I think the pay versions have some effects though, but I just got Ulead, so hopefully I won't have these problems. :D

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”