Anime Expo AMV Competition Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:27 pm

Next I'm gonna try to sponsor a 3rd party award for the "Best AMV from a guy or gal we don't know", basically it'll be an award for the finalist who didn't win ANYTHING yet had a good video and we aren't familiar with that person.... now I just gotta figure out how and where to make a trophy...
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:27 pm

*Next year

I mean...

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:58 pm

SpPANDA wrote:
Ashton wrote:This is a little strange to me. I am Stephen Cilley, and I haven't seen a single thing about my video "Lies". Nobody has said a word about it being good or bad... it's just there.... on the listings... where everyone ignored it. Does anyone feel like telling me how they felt about it (I would apreciate something). If no one seems to remember that's fine too.
what did it look like?

i forgot. -_-
It was the one with trillions of eyeballs. The guy running through the snow (with the transparent head) and the giant face that bitches him out.

Schu no ko
Org Profile

Post by Schu no ko » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:58 pm

Good idea there ^_^

Anyway, I didn't even go to the contest. We were in the massive mob in the evening and we left around nine when we thought a fight was going to break out and somepeople next to us tried to take down a sign and the place.
We didn't know about the 8 AM thing, and had to leave early sunday.

I did attend the Masq (Lucky story..I'll post at the AX board about it) so at least I saw the finalists.

The best experience was the AMV panel. All four of those creators had inspired me to create AMVs and it was wonderful to hear them talk about stuff. Everyone was nice (I was the girl in the front dressed as Subaru from Tokyo Babylon)

But the worst experience was trying to get my AMV tickets. My name wasn't on the list. I had the confirmation email and everything.
Name not on list means video disqualified.

NO ONE HAD NOTIFIED ME OR KAHMELON THAT OUR VIDEOS HAD BEEN DISQUALIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, we got the e-mail saying our videos had not been disqualified.

After some arguing, we got our tickets. then the massive mob. I have a pic of the massive mob.

AX will be getting an angry letter from me. :evil:

Schu no ko
Org Profile

Post by Schu no ko » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:00 pm

*edit* some of my post may not make any sense grammatically or otherwise. excuse this as I woke up this morning still in the clothes I was wearing last night...and I don't remember lying down...

Kalean
Org Profile

Re:Everything

Post by Kalean » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:07 pm

Mag Launcher, long time indeed o.O; Castor, did you ever watch my video before it went down for the umpteenth time? EVZ: More. must have energy. SpPANDA: Who are you and how come you seem cooler than everyone else on the page without my having any knowledge of you? Everyone else: stop playing warcraft 3 and make some more videos, come on!

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re:Everything

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:10 pm

Kalean wrote:Mag Launcher, long time indeed o.O; Castor, did you ever watch my video before it went down for the umpteenth time? EVZ: More. must have energy. SpPANDA: Who are you and how come you seem cooler than everyone else on the page without my having any knowledge of you? Everyone else: stop playing warcraft 3 and make some more videos, come on!
If it's that DBZ movie 6 video then yeah, I saw it, including your danger zone one that made last year's finals. I think your DBZ vid would have easily beaten the DBZ vid I sent last year... lol

I don't have warcraft 3 and have heard not so good things about it....

EvilVegettoZ
Org Profile

Post by EvilVegettoZ » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:27 pm

I need to find some new good songs to make a video too....=(...

EvilVegettoZ
Org Profile

Post by EvilVegettoZ » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:30 pm

Ohhh yea...Daniel.....Did you get any e-mail from Troy Williams yet?....Just want to know....When you do...Send me an e-mail to Ikasusu@directvinternet.com stating his e-mail address for me...Thanks...

Kalean
Org Profile

Music for Videos

Post by Kalean » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:47 pm

EVZ: I have plenty of perfect songs for music videos.. almost. There is one group that is easily one of the most talented groups of musicians alive today.. problem being they're also the worst SINGERS alive today.. but if you can get past that, some of their songs might be good for dramatic action videos.. *waves* sling me an icq uin, an aim name, or whatever, good songs are worth giving a listen to ^^

Return to “AMV Contests”