Phade to resign

Maverick-Rubik
The Eye of a Lynx
Org Profile

Post by Maverick-Rubik » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:51 pm

Ab-109 wrote:Best of luck with your child (let us know if its a boy or a girl/name when you can :D ).
Boy; David.
Ab-109 wrote:Lookin forward to ya commin back.
That hasn't been official yet... He may never return. :|

TexasCarnieRoadshow
Org Profile

Post by TexasCarnieRoadshow » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:49 pm

Good luck, and as a friend of mine put it to me,

Splendid! May the fruit of your loins one day buttress the State and may he be impervious to the overstimulation of destructive external elements. If axe-handles must rattle, let them rattle in your time so that your child may know peace.

To honour your genetic continuance the Hero of Myanmar shall direct a performance of the song 'Happy Birthday', choreographed with a gun and minedanced by neocolonialist stooges as they frug and watusi through a particularly troublesome patch of claymores and stake mines just north of Nampong.

He's not really from around this side of the world, but it seems like a nice sentiment.

jflandy
Org Profile

Aloha

Post by jflandy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:26 pm

Goodbye PHADE!
Thanks for such an awsome Experience! Best of luck to you and your new family![/b]
Badd Spallers of the wirld, Untie!

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:53 pm

I don't know. I've seen people come and go. Even in the heat of the SpPanda drama it never really changed anything, he could be unbanned, and was. But this. This is different. This is permanent. You can't undo a baby. I am only going to say two goodbyes on the org, and this is one of them.

goodbye
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

josepi
Org Profile

Post by josepi » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:20 pm

I'll just leave you with this, thank you for the site Phade. You are truely an inspriation to the up and coming AMV creators like myself, though i am technically retired, nothing says I can't pull a Micheal Jordan.
Love and Peace! ^_^
Josepi

danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

Post by danielwang » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:48 pm

I would like to thank Phade for providing us with the Org, and all the time he spent on it answering forum questions, fixing database, etc.
Though AMVs may be a small niche, it is truly great how his work on the Org could help inspire AMV authors wordwide and facilitate the education of Jr. Video Hacks everywhere XD.
And, of course, thanks for putting up with my (almost 2 years now?) of Spam and Ignorance (sry about the Stupidity too).

We'll miss your presence in the (forum spam con-troll) I mean moderator zone. Be sure to come back often and post lots of pictures.

*sigh* He's probably out getting a bigger wheelie bin, he'll need it.

To Phade and the AMV community.
Faithfully yours,
Wang Daniel

Don't Panic! I'm not going to start that again.
<a href="http://www.animetheory.com/" title="AnimeTheory" class="gensmall">AnimeTheory.</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/search/ ... %20park%22" title="Seach videos NOT by danielwang" class="gen">Make sure you don't download videos that suck!</a>

ProphetDK
Org Profile

Post by ProphetDK » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:48 am

A little late in the farewells but, i'd like to voice that I thank you Phade, for the a-m-v.org. It is one of the truly fan based conjurations for the gathering of fan made materials.

And for that a lot of people gather here and a community has gotten larger and we have this place to thank for it and you to thank for this place.

And after all is said and done, I thank you.

ProphetDK

wolf_boy
Org Profile

Post by wolf_boy » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:18 pm

Well Phade, good luck in the real world!
I wish you many years of happiness with your wife & future child.
And thank you for making such a wonderful site. You've entertained many anime fans and brought them all together to enjoy music videos. Thanks a lot.

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:29 am

Wow. It was so long ago when I stumbled upon this site after seeing my first William Millberry(Aluminum Studios) video. The site was very different back then...and glitchy. :wink: But over the course of a matter of months, I saw the site change from just a few hundred creators, to the established society that it is today. Because of this site, many people know instantly who Kevin Caldwell is, Brad DeMoss, and Hsien Lee. (There are countless others, but they spring to mind quickest.) Because of this site, we all went through the faze of Odorikuruu, Tainted Donuts and Believe. But most importantly, because of this site, people around the world were able to connect even for a matter of moments with people who were just like them. It didn't matter if you were an new creator, or someone who grew from two VCR's and a lot of patience. All that mattered was your love for anime, and editing. Growing up while being a part of this community helped shape me into the person I am today. Now done and graduated high school, I can easilly look back and remember the hours I spent here, with all of you or editing my own creations. From the late nights of the Waldo FTP, to the frustration of losing a half finsihed video when you forget to save; I went through it all. Although I haven't been as involved as I was long ago, I still check up on the site once and a while, to download the new ones, or to cast my vote, or to simply see how the community is doing.

Phade did what any creator wanted to do all those years ago...Create a Ranma 1/2 music video to Madonna's "Material Girl." :wink:

Well, that, and he helped create a community, strengthen and create friendships, and help keep the spirit of anime alive. To Phade I don't wish him good luck and fortune, because I know that he already has all the luck and wishes, he'll ever need from all the people on this site. He has a wonderful wife, and will have a wonderful family with her. What I say to Phade is this: If you can do what you did with this site, with your family, then you will definatly be living a happy/prosperous and amazing life. From me to you, all the best Kris.

Charles Smith

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:26 am

good. bye.

Return to “Site Announcements”