R-A-N-M-A
Org Profile

Post by R-A-N-M-A » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:22 pm

Anime 1 Wetsern tv 0

final score.

Calim
Org Profile

Post by Calim » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:48 pm

Animation - Anime definitly better then some animation over here but we got some good stuff.

Regular TV - I definitly like regular TV like Law & Order and NYPD better then some of the anime I watch very interesting and dramatic stuff.
"Ass's are important in todays society, but....." -By Knuckles
FUNimation Kills my innerchild
Shippo is the PIMP of all foxes ^^.
Shippo Fan Club Member

HeavyMetal
Org Profile

No Contest

Post by HeavyMetal » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:05 am

Anime has some good and bad stuff. But no standard made for TV show seems to ever have the depth anime can have sometimes.

As for the animation....no contest.

Anime has special effects, camera concepts, and a vastly more 3D movement.

Western animation has soap opera frame by frame comic book dialogue, generally a still camera, and 2D movement to go with the still camera.

ryuu_hime13
Org Profile

Post by ryuu_hime13 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:47 pm

I guess they're both totally different...it's not really fair to compare.
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
-Akira Kurosawa

Merm
Location: UAC Mars Research Facility, Olduvai Weapon of Choice: BFG 9000 Mk2
Org Profile

Post by Merm » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:07 pm

ryuu_hime13 wrote:I guess they're both totally different...it's not really fair to compare.
So true.

We here are going to be a little biased toward anime, but their are plenty of good shows on tv that aren't anime and its difficult to compare something like Full Metal Panic to something like Band of Brothers.
The most expedient way to avert crisis is always by the indiscriminate extinction of anything that stands in your way.
"Give me the power to kill with impunity! I'll put it to damn good use!" - Black Mage

HeavyMetal
Org Profile

Viva La Bam

Post by HeavyMetal » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:19 pm

Okay some things can't be compared with Anime.

Like Viva La Bam. :twisted:

But lets face it, a lot can be compared and found short especially animation.

From the artistic stand point alone anime leaves western animation in the dust.

generalhs
Org Profile

Post by generalhs » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:09 am

Calim wrote:Regular TV - I definitly like regular TV like Law & Order and NYPD better then some of the anime I watch very interesting and dramatic stuff.
Definitely. I'm a certified Law & Order addict.

bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:45 am

ah yes, law and order. a tv series about crime designed so as only thoughs above the age of two years can understand it.

Nienna Elentari
Org Profile

Post by Nienna Elentari » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:05 pm

I have to say that when I tape a show I don't look forward to watching it as much as I do when I tape anime or buy anime. In fact, I even put off watching the taped shows that aren't anime. TV series I just grow tired of after awhile when they go on and on.

I never really got into watching tv either. I always thought there were better things to do than sit around the tv all day (my opinion). Most of the shows I can't get into and I hate MTV too! It reminds me of a bunch of highschoolers that think they're "popular" getting together and decided what they think is "in/cool" or something. I dunno, reminds me of a bunch of groupies or something, just kinda dumb to me.

The only show that I have greatly enjoyed as much as anime would have to be Alias. I love that show; it has so many twists and turns it keeps you into it without making it drag on and on. It keeps you at the edge of you seat at some points and than something will happen that you never even thought would; it's not very predictable.

Other than that I generally think tv is a waste of time and anime is much better (not all anime, but most). ^_^
"I'm just watching a dream I never wake up from."

Archduke of zeon
Org Profile

Post by Archduke of zeon » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:23 pm

I don't watch TV because I am to occupied with my schoolwork, I.T. is serious stuff to learnand you must keep making programs to become better and better at it so I just don't have the time for watching TV.
But I watch anime on DVD that I bought when I am busy programming on my pc, when I take a break.

To think of TV-series, there are a lot of Belgian shows that really suck ass and we only have to do with American shows and almost none anime on TV. The bitches even have cancelled the only good anime on TV (naming Gundam Wing) and that all because of those d*rn old folks. So ya I don't watch TV very often anymore, only sports and news lately.
Sieg Zeon

Return to “General Anime”