Premium Perks for the devoted?

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Premium Perks for the devoted?

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:45 pm

how bout premium member perks for those who contribute a lot to a-m-v.org?

examples:
...so for people who have like 100 or more posts in the forums can have like a bigger image resolution in their profile/signature or something
...or like those who have submitted 10 or more videos can get more abilities in something

cause some of the devoted and expert people (ErMac or AbsoluteDestiny to name a couple) on this site have to deal with all of the stupid people that don't do or contribute anything, and they get the same good treatment, just for signing up, and maybe never hearing from him/her again.

just a suggestion of course. i'd imagine that this would be hard to keep track of.

Xanthrax
Org Profile

Post subjects are a waste of time

Post by Xanthrax » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:55 pm

Introducing bonuses to having high post counts only encourages spamming. Hell, there's hardly anything to be gained for it as things are and, among others, spPanda has already gone crazy over it.

I guess the same thing could be said for the 10 videos thing on a much more minor scale, but that would take some extreme person to do something like that just for small bonuses =P.

And other than that I'm fine with the general idea of what you're saying. However, change it around just a tiny bit and we're on to the Karma system, which is already planned.
Dead girls don't say no.

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:17 pm

whats up wit panda neway and his extreme amount of posts?

also, whats planed for the karma?
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:03 pm

Yeah I agree with Xanthrax about this. Look at him, most of his posts that I have read have been good, thought out posts... most. But he only has 11 or so right now. Measuring someone's contribution to the site cannot very well be done in numbers.

And according privaleges to some people might not be bad. It might move others to contribute more, making the overall forum more effective.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:55 pm

This sort of thing will be part of the Karma system, as far as I know.

The Karma system will award good karma points for righteous deeds and give you some bad karma for naughtyness.

Some of these things will be automatic - such as* giving opinions and so on. Other things will be awarded by Phade as and when he feels they are necessary (things like being helpful on the forums, submitting guides, helping with the site etc etc)

The question at the moment is what to give good karma points for.

Obviously a post-based system would have its flaws but I believe Phade is working on the exact details so stay tuned.

(* such as = I don't know for sure but suspect this is the case)

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:48 pm

sounds cool to me, i can't wait to see it.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:59 pm

I'm saving my Karma Points for the desktop basketball set... and maybe one of those plastic spider rings so I can gross out my sister.

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Tue Jul 09, 2002 5:01 pm

lol :lol:

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:18 pm

Episode # No Need for Karma *kabuki yell* *pom pom*

(Ok, yeah I'm that bored rite now)[/b]

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:26 pm

I think everyone who reaches 1000 posts should be declared "loser of the day."

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”