A-Kon 15 Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:01 pm

rubyeye wrote:Impressive FX are meaningless if they don't surve the video. If the point is simply to "look cool", it's pointless.
Oh, I definitely agree. It's just that some people are impressed by cool-looking FX even if they are meaningless (as BogoSort set out to prove (and satirize) last year) -- usually, when I hear people talking about "easily impressed" concerning AMVs, they're referring to shiny happy <s>people</s> effectsy videos. That's why your statement struck me.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:26 pm

rubyeye wrote:This year was a milestone.
** First time every that a single video sweeps ALL THE JUDGING AWARDS: Artistic, Technical, Judges' Choice.
That honor went to Carlos for his Drunk With Love video.
It was great to see you there Dan. Thanks for being there at the awards. I never thought I would make AKON history like that.

But I'm happy with the three awards I brought home.

I was surprised by the reaction everyone had to Naruto's United States of Whatever as well.

They showed the Fan Favorite and then after that, people started yelling for Naruto's United States of Whatever. Turns out, my Naruto video was short only a few votes form winning Fan Favorite. Still, hearing the crowd react the way it did to my video made it all worth it. It was such greatness!

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:35 pm

Oh I forgot to mention:

MexicanJunior won Best Hentai Video as well.

He won't tell anyone what it is until AWA.

Braveliver
Org Profile

Congratz

Post by Braveliver » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:49 am

Congratz again Carlos. You deserved it. Your videos just get better and better. The guys from El Paso say hi.
Ah, yah wan tah know how I got mah name do ya? Well now, when I was a wee little tyke of 1 year ah wen a crawling up to a keg o' fire ale an started licken the spout. Mah mother saw meh and says, "Ah what a BraveLiver you got there," an the name stuck.
You can view my videos by <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... ">clicking here</a>. Please leave an opinion. I really want to know what you think.

Machine
Org Profile

Re: Congratz

Post by Machine » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:16 am

Braveliver wrote:Congratz again Carlos. You deserved it. Your videos just get better and better. The guys from El Paso say hi.
Rawk on! Hope all you guys are doing alright back home :D

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:01 am

Machine wrote:But I'm happy with the three awards I brought home.
I would have figured they would just give you one BIG trophy. They are being hand-made like he said.
Machine wrote:Oh I forgot to mention:

Is it any surprise? How many entries were there anyway? How many even know about it? Oh, well...just have to wait to see what it is.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:38 pm

Machine wrote:Oh I forgot to mention:

"THAT DOO DOO BROWN!!!!...DOO DOO BROWN!!!..."

:lol:

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:39 pm

rubyeye wrote:Is it any surprise? How many entries were there anyway? How many even know about it? Oh, well...just have to wait to see what it is.
I was the only Hentai vid, easiest 2 DVD's I've ever won. :P It will probably premiere after the AWA Expo deadline.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:13 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
rubyeye wrote:Is it any surprise? How many entries were there anyway? How many even know about it? Oh, well...just have to wait to see what it is.
I was the only Hentai vid, easiest 2 DVD's I've ever won. :P It will probably premiere after the AWA Expo deadline.
The Hentai King Strikes Again! :P

Vlad

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:26 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
No surly sore loser this time? :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “AMV Contests”