Last episode of GTO (spoilers) [episode 43]

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Sat May 08, 2004 10:06 pm

I was sort of peeved that we get resolution on all of the students and "most of the tertiary characters in the series, but not GTO.
Who was saying that the anime only goes to about half the manga? Guess I'll be needing the manga then.

Great series all around though. I was wondering how they were going to build to a climax for the series, with only one student left for him to work on, and very little screen time to do it with.
some spoilers wrote: The one real dissapointment that I had was that if anything the series seemed to go from character to character, and bring up issues and problems only to have him magically solve them right away. This seemed like a break from earlier in the series, where he helped the girl, but we saw, almost as an epilogue that her problems were not really over, only on the right track.
Given the immense popularity of the show, and the lead out at the ending, I think that we'll be seeing another installment of GTO. I can only hope that they don't simply recycle the same gags, and dissapoint.

Glad to hear the he takes care of Ms F.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

LightningCountX
Org Profile

Post by LightningCountX » Tue May 18, 2004 7:55 am

I kind of found the last episode sad, i just loved the series too much and didnt want it to end :P

but one real problem i had with the show is how they threw parts of the story away. Like how certain characters dissappear and come back later in the series like Anko, Teshigawara, and that tall girl who liked Kunio. They just started building things up and then they were gone. Thats my only major complaint about the show.

Bote
Org Profile

Post by Bote » Wed May 26, 2004 12:00 pm

LightningCountX wrote:I kind of found the last episode sad, i just loved the series too much and didnt want it to end :P
:cry: I totally agree. At least they could've end it with an 1h movie.

Only half of manga was used? That is some nice info. :) . The show might continue in the future 8) .
My Youtube channel: Bote Logos
NEW!!! One Piece AMV - "YUM YUM 2.0"
Berserk - Man of Sorrows (upscaled to 4k)
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

generalhs
Org Profile

Post by generalhs » Wed May 26, 2004 7:16 pm

Heck, in the manga, his students end up helping him out with turf ways and we find out that Izumi is quite the demolitions expert :D

El Banana
Org Profile

Post by El Banana » Thu May 27, 2004 11:36 am

My favorite part was when the robots showed up.
I like bugging people. Deal with it.

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Thu May 27, 2004 11:46 am

x2

I forgot this forum existed :¬ \
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bote
Org Profile

Post by Bote » Thu May 27, 2004 4:04 pm

El Banana wrote:My favorite part was when the robots showed up.
The animation on each robot sucked due to the fact it was made with the colours that fade away after, like, 0.000000000001 nanosec. :roll: .
My Youtube channel: Bote Logos
NEW!!! One Piece AMV - "YUM YUM 2.0"
Berserk - Man of Sorrows (upscaled to 4k)
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

El Banana
Org Profile

Post by El Banana » Thu May 27, 2004 5:15 pm

Well duh, they were invisible death robots.
I like bugging people. Deal with it.

dc_quicksilver
Org Profile

The manga?

Post by dc_quicksilver » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:00 am

I only read the first few manga's, however I didn't find it as amusing as the series. Also, I purchased the DVD's because it was a great series. It is one of the few series I don't mind watching Dubbed. I really can't stand Dubbed, so it means a lot. My question is "Is the later manga's of GTO better than the first 3?"
All your base are belong to us.

aznfs
Org Profile

Post by aznfs » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:11 pm

hmmm... i liked the manga more for the story... duh... the anime ended at like volume 14 but for laughs i would highly go for the anime.... now if i could only find enough money for the set.... but i want the karekano set too... :?

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”