JACON AMV Contest Results?

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

JACON AMV Contest Results?

Postby Rozard » Tue May 25, 2004 1:36 am

:? I guess Ken forgot to post them, or anyone else. I don't remember all the names, or who made them, but I do remember the videos.

Best Disney was a Lion King video, using a tribal drum song. Don't know who edited it.

Best Action was a fan trailer, Mobile Suit Gundam VS Neon Genesis Evangelion. Don't know the audio, or who made it.

Best Comedy/Parody was Vlad G Pohnert, using The Ventures - Hawaii Five-O Theme to Kimagure Orange Road OVA.

Best Drama/Romance was Kwasek, using Ben Folds Five - Leather Jacket to Kare Kano.

Best Of Show was AbsoluteDestiny, using Vince DiCola - War to Gunbuster.

Congrats to all the winners, sorry to the people I don't remember who edited the videos, and hopefully Ken will post with full info sometime later.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.
Rozard

Postby Beowulf » Tue May 25, 2004 8:00 am

MTT WON JACON?!?!?!?
Beowulf

Postby Rozard » Tue May 25, 2004 2:17 pm

Beowulf wrote:MTT WON JACON?!?!?!?

To quote Snackpants, "Always the bridesmaid, never the bride."
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.
Rozard

Postby Unlimited Rice » Tue May 25, 2004 2:34 pm

lol, i wanted to enter that contest.. but the due date was like what... April 31st?? and I found out the day after.. *sighs*

still, yea, the amv contest was cool.. :lol:
Unlimited Rice

Re: JACON AMV Contest Results?

Postby Checkm8 » Tue May 25, 2004 7:10 pm

Lion King Video was mine - Lion King to Juno Reactor's Hule Lam. I'm working to re-encode it for posting to the org :)

Rozard wrote::? I guess Ken forgot to post them, or anyone else. I don't remember all the names, or who made them, but I do remember the videos.

Best Disney was a Lion King video, using a tribal drum song. Don't know who edited it.

Best Action was a fan trailer, Mobile Suit Gundam VS Neon Genesis Evangelion. Don't know the audio, or who made it.

Best Comedy/Parody was Vlad G Pohnert, using The Ventures - Hawaii Five-O Theme to Kimagure Orange Road OVA.

Best Drama/Romance was Kwasek, using Ben Folds Five - Leather Jacket to Kare Kano.

Best Of Show was AbsoluteDestiny, using Vince DiCola - War to Gunbuster.

Congrats to all the winners, sorry to the people I don't remember who edited the videos, and hopefully Ken will post with full info sometime later.
Checkm8

Postby Kalium » Tue May 25, 2004 7:28 pm

Perhaps it should be mentioned that Lion King isn't anime, hm?
Kalium
Sir Bugsalot

Postby Checkm8 » Tue May 25, 2004 9:29 pm

Kalium wrote:Perhaps it should be mentioned that Lion King isn't anime, hm?

Perhapse it should be mentioned JACON hosts a special Disney Music Video category since it's located in Orlando?
Checkm8

Postby Masahiko29 » Tue May 25, 2004 9:38 pm

Perhaps it should be mentioned that if it isn't anime it doesn't belong on the org.
Masahiko29

Postby Checkm8 » Tue May 25, 2004 9:41 pm

Masahiko29 wrote:Perhaps it should be mentioned that if it isn't anime it doesn't belong on the org.

Yeah yeah, whatever... I'll leave it out then and everyone can enjoy my other videos... now, can I have some soup?
Checkm8

Postby Miz Ducky » Tue May 25, 2004 9:43 pm

I don't want to insult anyone. However, I hope a tidbit of criticism is okay. I liked the editing in the Lion King video, but the music really distracted me from enjoying the video. I couldn't get into it. Obviously, I'm in the minority though. You did very well in the competition.
Congratulations!!!
Miz Ducky

Postby Masahiko29 » Tue May 25, 2004 9:48 pm

Checkm8, I forgot to add Congratulations! Congratulations! Now you may go eat your soup.
Masahiko29

Postby Checkm8 » Tue May 25, 2004 9:53 pm

Masahiko29 wrote:Checkm8, I forgot to add Congratulations! Congratulations! Now you may go eat your soup.

I hope it's Clam Chowder, I LOVE clam chowder.

BTW, for the record, I originally despised the idea of a Disney video, but I love the Lion King artwork and am a sucker for special competitions... A shame it can't be shared via the org.
Checkm8

Postby Checkm8 » Tue May 25, 2004 9:57 pm

Miz Ducky wrote:I don't want to insult anyone. However, I hope a tidbit of criticism is okay. I liked the editing in the Lion King video, but the music really distracted me from enjoying the video. I couldn't get into it. Obviously, I'm in the minority though. You did very well in the competition.
Congratulations!!!

Actually, that's not an insult at all, I understand. The video itself was formatted to basically give the eyes something to enjoy and flow with the music. I'm not sure if it did it 100% for you, but what I enjoy about the video is I feel the music and pace match up so well that I can sit and let the visuals just flow and enjoy the music. It's music centric. Thanks for the input and I understand totally what you thought :) I'm suprised it did so well as it really more music centric and made to match the flow, visuals, and color to enhance the sounds.
Checkm8

Postby AMV_4000 » Wed May 26, 2004 1:46 am

Checkm8 wrote:
Masahiko29 wrote:Checkm8, I forgot to add Congratulations! Congratulations! Now you may go eat your soup.

I hope it's Clam Chowder, I LOVE clam chowder.

BTW, for the record, I originally despised the idea of a Disney video, but I love the Lion King artwork and am a sucker for special competitions... A shame it can't be shared via the org.

next year when i enter my Disney video, and 2 other vids, then we'll see who does better... im just a slack ass for contest deadlines... *if shrek was disney i woulda entered that.. then again, i didnt make the deadline anyways... so see ya at awa...*
cant wait till awa.. i have over 28 vids that i can enter that i made from last awa... so be prepared... im gunna hit AWA hard..
AMV_4000

Re: JACON AMV Contest Results?

Postby Snackpants » Wed May 26, 2004 7:35 am

Rozard wrote::? I guess Ken forgot to post them, or anyone else. I don't remember all the names, or who made them, but I do remember the videos.

I might... I loathe the '.org'... and the responses to this thread solidifies my opinion of this whole message board... again.
-Joey Snackpants, Esq.
www.snackpants.org
Snackpants

Next

Return to AMV Contests