Wolf's Rain eps 27-30 (mega spoilers!)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
madbunny
Org Profile

Wolf's Rain eps 27-30 (mega spoilers!)

Post by madbunny » Tue May 25, 2004 12:52 am

I just finished watching the last four eps of this.
After the long lead up and relatively standard climactic arc up to this point I have to say, I was NOT prepared for the intensity and impact.

It just keeps hitting harder and harder, until you think, 'no way can this get worse', then pow; it does.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue May 25, 2004 12:57 pm

Heh, I actually found the ending a little 'lacking' - it was a let down. I watched the credits thinking "okay, but what about that paradise they spent the entire anime looking for? did they just give it up? do they not want it anymore? or are they going to rest and then go later? what? it's over? you're kidding me..."

The end was great, but the *very* end could have used a little 'epilogue' scene, or at least some 'afterward' shots to settle things.

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Tue May 25, 2004 1:19 pm

Arigatomyna wrote: The end was great, but the *very* end could have used a little 'epilogue' scene, or at least some 'afterward' shots to settle things.
I agree, the stuff they DID have seemed more like reminiscence than an epilogue. It could have been used as actually an opener for the whole series to introduce characters. Maybe its supposed to reflect the cyclical nature of all things.
At the same time the Hubb/Cher stuff was pretty moving I thought. Definately not what I'd expected.

did you also think that:
Paradise was simply the reseeding of the planet after the ice age? So was it the wolves job to get the flower to that point for the sole purpose of pollinating or whatever it was that she did? If that's the case then why did the other guy boil into mist when he touched the lake?
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

ebichuman
Org Profile

Post by ebichuman » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:44 pm

madbunny wrote:did you also think that:
Paradise was simply the reseeding of the planet after the ice age? So was it the wolves job to get the flower to that point for the sole purpose of pollinating or whatever it was that she did? If that's the case then why did the other guy boil into mist when he touched the lake?
I did.
Just that one in particular.
Because he's an idiot. Or he probably didn't know about the whole "chosen one" ordeal.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”