song but no anime can somebody help

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Kai Stromler
Org Profile

Post by Kai Stromler » Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:43 pm

But what about one of the Con Docs (or several) interspersed with various footage? Sure, it'd be heavy on the community fan-service, and absolutely inaccessible to someone who doesn't know who the people pictured are, but it could happen as a video.

There's no idea that will never work. What works, or works well, is dependent solely on the creator's creativity and work ethic. Find ing the combo that works can be tough, but it always exists.

--Kai
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:49 pm

"Con Docs"? Please explain.

And, in my opinion, even acknowledging that something may be "absolutely inaccessible " marks the idea as not being a very good one for a community as large as this, and especially for convention contest crowds.

By all means, attempt it. But don't post it here and expect me to like it if I don't get the meaning. :twisted:

Kai Stromler
Org Profile

Post by Kai Stromler » Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:33 pm

RichLather wrote:"Con Docs"? Please explain.
See this thread:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... php?t=2159

for more information. Basically, Machine (of MindWarp) and the guys from Random Variable Prod. have a habit of taking a video camera to conventions and doing these documentaries, covering the convention with the emphasis on the AMV scene. This might be able to cover the second verse, which IS rather troublesome.

I didn't say it was a particularly GOOD idea, just one that could be workable. Yeah, accessibility is an issue, but it might make a nice companion piece to the current Con Docs, or work slightly less well in convention exhibition.

I aint doing it, tho. I've got a year's worth of work and then some in my to-do list already.

--Kai
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

Aneino_Kaijin
Org Profile

Post by Aneino_Kaijin » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:00 pm

Actually, the more I read that second verse, the more I think Trigun might fit nicely. Can think of several syncs off the top of my head, and I've only seen the series through once.
Always looking for the next bad idea.
Pandora's Box | Paralysis in Motion

Return to “General AMV”