Gantz 4

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Kracus
Org Profile

Gantz 4

Post by Kracus » Sun May 09, 2004 8:21 am

I just want to know if anyone agrees with me.

although if I'm talkin about this episode I'm not sure if I can spoil what happens cause people don't know when not to read something that they haven't seen yet, then complain about it.
Spoiler wrote:Ok, after going over what the guy was saying about faxing people in, Kurono is the only one who is actually still alive. This is my opinion and I'm basing it off the fact that the girl Kishimoto was faxed into his arms and was said to have collapsed in the shower. So she's a copy, but Katou and Kurono's bodies were never found. However Katou dies and then is faxed back into the room by Gantz. So Katou was near the end and Gantz brought him back in from the brink of death. So the only person who doesn't have a copy in the real world is Kurono and thus is still 'alive'.
Anyone agree?

Calim
Org Profile

Post by Calim » Sun May 09, 2004 8:31 am

Yeah I saw the episode (pretty awesome anime, another I'd recommend is The Melody of Oblivion) Anyway...Ahhh I'd have to agree with you there now that I think about it...but what really happened with that? I mean what the heck, you also have to remember the fact that Kurono has images of himself with a bloody nose and everything...so whats really going on here?
"Ass's are important in todays society, but....." -By Knuckles
FUNimation Kills my innerchild
Shippo is the PIMP of all foxes ^^.
Shippo Fan Club Member

Kracus
Org Profile

Post by Kracus » Sun May 09, 2004 6:10 pm

I don't know about his images he sees. The only thing I can assume is when they were hit, which actual happens (I believe), it happens in the darkened part of the tunnel. So maybe Gantz reassembled them like packets over a media (like airwaves), then reassembled (fax machine) them.

Smokedout
Org Profile

this is a wierd anime

Post by Smokedout » Thu May 13, 2004 4:26 pm

i dont really get gantz ive seen from 1-3 and its all really confusing to me kinda like a complicated math problem :D could somone explain it to me
kill the spiders to save the butterflies,eat the beavers to save the trees,but in the end ur just like all of those beavers and spiders

Kracus
Org Profile

Post by Kracus » Fri May 14, 2004 6:12 am

I can' t mention 5 cause I haven't watched it yet, however.

Gantz is some weird machine, quite possibly alien, that takes people right at the moment of death and copies them into a room not allowing them to leave until they do a mission. The mission so far has been to go after this monsterous beings that are possibly alien. During the mission you get points for your actions. If you do nothing, you get zero points. If you don't get killed you come back and get to play again.

If they die, in the real world they stay dead. One guy was a cancer patient who remembered going under, but he didn't actually die until he died in the game. The two main characters, as I mentioned above, should have been hit by a train. But their bodies were never found, hence my theory that Katou is the only one to die so far. And that Gantz sort of faxed them out and weren't copies like the other people were. The girl for example, is a copy, her original body is currently in the hospital. If she survives and gets 10 points, apparently, she'll either get put back into her original body or something else. That's why she was at the main characters house in the end of 4 because she had nowhere else to go. Since her mother freaked out thinking she was an intruder on the phone.

Calim
Org Profile

Post by Calim » Fri May 14, 2004 10:24 am

how do you know about the 10 points deal?
Shippo Fan Club Member

Kracus
Org Profile

Post by Kracus » Fri May 14, 2004 12:48 pm

Episode 4 I believe is where that kid who is in middle school and isn't actually dead or never died, explains everything. And after the mission Gantz reviews and gives them their points. The main guy has 3 and everyone else has 0. The main guy would have had more but he was staring at the girls boobs (that's the excuse Gantz gave).

But the kid explained the whole 10 points then.

Smokedout
Org Profile

thanks

Post by Smokedout » Mon May 17, 2004 11:01 pm

Thanks man real big help :lol:
kill the spiders to save the butterflies,eat the beavers to save the trees,but in the end ur just like all of those beavers and spiders

Kracus
Org Profile

Post by Kracus » Tue May 18, 2004 6:37 am

Calim wrote:Yeah I saw the episode (pretty awesome anime, another I'd recommend is The Melody of Oblivion)
I forgot you mentioned this, but I was lookin for something else to download this weekend and I happened upon Melody of Oblivion. Looked at the review and my interest was sparked so I checked it out. I like it, thank you for recommending it. Must have still been lurkin in the back of my mind. :D

Calim
Org Profile

Post by Calim » Tue May 18, 2004 8:02 am

Np ^^, I'm glad I could help you find something else to watch....I'm just waiting for them to release the 4th episode its been a week or two :twisted:
Shippo Fan Club Member

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”