General discussion of Anime Music Videos
NPC3000
Org Profile

Post by NPC3000 » Sun Jul 07, 2002 6:26 am

First Name: Nathaniel

Alias: NPC3000
E-mail: NPC3000@aol.com

Web Site: nope, don't have one of those yet ^_^

First AMV you ever saw (if you remember): In the End to Cowboy Bebop, don't worry, I've learned a LOT since then ^^

What do you look for most in an AMV: I look for how much feeling the AMV generates usually. If I feel that a creator has succeeded in generating this or that appropriate emotion then they've made a decent AMV. If I find that I want to watch a video over and over again, I tend to think that it's a great AMV because that suggests that there's something very special and fascinating about it.

Who(if anyone) inspired to yo create AMV's: hmmm, if anyone, it'd have to be Hsien Lee and Keven Caldwell

What is your favorite type of AMV: I guess drama but really, I don't have much of a preference, I'll watch any kind of video and will be willing to enjoy it the way it's meant to be enjoyed.

On average how much time do you spend on a single video: hmmm, I'm on my 4th one which looks like it'll have taken a month, my 1st took a week, my 2nd took 7 weeks and my 3rd took two days so I really couldn't say just yet...

Do you feel that winning awards makes you a *master*: Um, there's a big difference between a MASTERFUL AMV and a pin that says "1st place!" so......no not at all.

Do you see AMV's as an art form: I definetely think AMVs have the potential to be an art form, but everyone seems to have their own idea of what art is so I feel uncertain as to whether or not what I do counts as "artistic expression."

Does negative feedback cause you to become less inclined to create more videos: Hmmm, so far I've been pretty unphased by my most negative of feedback but the feedback I've gotten so far hasn't been THAT negative so I can't say for sure. I think I'd be able to live with it easy though.

Do competitions mean the world to you: No, but I'm afraid that when I start entering videos into competitions I may have a greedy change of heart. It's something I plan to look out for ^^

rurouni_trelane
Org Profile

Re: Attention Creators! You imput is needed.^^

Post by rurouni_trelane » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:30 am

No, Klinky, she said that anyone could reply to the questions as long as they say were they're from. (Oh, and BTW Klink, goddayamn that sense of humor of yours is gonna get you in trouble someday. :P )

First Name: Mark

Alias: rurouni_trelane
E-mail: trelane@ku.edu

Location: Winfield, KS or Lawrence, KS depending on the time of year

Web Site: http://people.ku.edu/~trelane/

First AMV you ever saw (if you remember): Dragon Ball Z - Blink 182, Don't Leave Me (don't know who did it, but I d'led it from a schoolmate's computer and yeah)

What do you look for most in an AMV: I look at two things: one, the overall effect, be it artistic or comedic or psychadelic or whatever, and two, how well something is made, i.e. if there are any errors in the process, like mismatched lipsyncing or missed timings. Being a trained musician for 17 of my 21 years, I have a very discerning eye, and as I watch a video, if I find myself thinking about how I could make it better, to me, it's can't be more than just a good video. But if I'm lost in the video and am not thinking about things like that, it's a great video. :^) I know this all sounds kind of snotty/elitist, and I apologize for that, but that's just my way if determining whether I think a video is good or not.

Who(if anyone) inspired to yo create AMV's: Kevin Caldwell

What is your favorite type of AMV: Comedy

On average how much time do you spend on a single video: 25-50+ hours usually spanned over 1-3 months.

Do you fell that winning awards makes you a *master*: There are two types of masters: the young ones and the old ones. The young ones are people like Ermac who come in with his first video and it is something that wins awards all over, thus gaining him recognition for his skills, making him a master. An old master are people like EK or Brad DeMoss or Maboroshi, who are not necessarily old of age but have been making music videos for quite some time, such that they have the experience that every video they make is good.

Do you see AMV's as an art form: Oh hell yes. It's a form of expression, just as much as any opera or movie.

Does negative feedback cause you to become less inclined to create more videos: Hehehehe... as long as the majority of the feedback isn't negative, no. Anyone who receives more negative reactions than not would be disheartened... I just hope that doesn't happen to me once I get the many videos *I've already created* finally online!!!

Do competitions mean the world to you: Not really, although I do value them extremely. It's good to see how people react to one's video. Hell, I've been able to move on with my life out of a 7-month funk due to the emotional reaction I received to one of my videos at AnimeIowa last year. (Long story. :) )

There's my two cents. Love and peace!
I believe in equality of the sexes and all, but hey, I likes boobs.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:57 am

First Name: Sotero

Alias: MexicanJunior

E-mail: mexicanjunior@hotmail.com

Web Site: http://www.randomvariable.net

First AMV you ever saw (if you remember): An old DBZ video using Disturbed 'Voices' with the battle between Gohan and Cell in *shudders* RM format. It wasn't too bad though.

What do you look for most in an AMV: I like for good pacing and how the music fits with the footage the creator uses. I look for both action and lyrical synch in AMV's.

Who(if anyone) inspired to yo create AMV's: Hmmm...whoever used to run Kiaoken.net, Anonesdbz, and Ginga Giri Giri *points at Castor* Those are the first videos I watched and made me wanna start making my own.

What is your favorite type of AMV: Comedy/Action/Parody/Fun

On average how much time do you spend on a single video: It depends, some vids I've done in hours, others took me weeks or months.

Do you fell that winning awards makes you a *master*: YES!!! =P Not really but I felt someone should break the pattern here. ^_^

Do you see AMV's as an art form: In a way, to me it's a form of expressing yourself and sharing the things you love with everyone else (anime/music). However, I think people can take it being an art form a little too seriously sometimes. One qoute that always sticks with me when people start arguing about AMV's is something like "We're just splicing japanese cartoons together and setting them to music!" which is really true. It's nice to see your work as meaningful but we should always remember why we are doing it, for fun.

Does negative feedback cause you to become less inclined to create more videos: LOL! If that were the case, I'd have quit a long time ago. =P Usually, negative feedback helps me understand what I did wrong and gives me and idea on how to make my next project more enjoyable to the viewer. I welcome it as long as it has some insight on how to improve.

Do competitions mean the world to you: YES!! Competetion is my life!!! =P (J/K) Actually, I've only entered into a few contests and found them to be fun but it's not the basis of why I create. I find meeting new creators and sharing ideas to be the best part about the AMV community. ^_^

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:31 pm

Yep klinky anyone can post ^^

Wow this is going great ^^

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:36 pm

give it another few hours... then it'll bomb.
like countless other posts.

-_-;

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:41 pm

*L* That's ok I got quite a few so it's not going to waste ^^

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:55 pm

Yep, I saw you there, but I made the trek from buffalo, NY. (We're canada's btich..don't believe me? go check out my rants section! :D)

First Name: Pat

Alias: nailz
E-mail: nailz@goatproductions.net

Web Site: http://www.goatproductions.net

First AMV you ever saw (if you remember): Kryptonite by Supavegitto

What do you look for most in an AMV: Storyline. without a doubt. Then quality of capture/sound.

Who (if anyone) inspired you to create AMV's: Supavegitto. I watched his video and was knocked off my rocker by how cool that concept was.

What is your favorite type of AMV: Drama/action together.

On average how much time do you spend on a single video: Depends on the video. Dragon Ball Kombat took me 8 hours of actual editing time, Deadly Love took me over 200 hours of editing time.

Do you feel that winning awards makes you a *master*: No, it'll just re-affirm the idea that people are enjoying what I do.

Do you see AMV's as an art form: An art form? No. Not particularly for me, but I can see how someone might take it to that level.

Does negative feedback cause you to become less inclined to create more videos: Hell no. I realise you cant please all of the people all of the time.

Do competitions mean the world to you: Yup. I love competeing (sp?) against other people in the AMV community. I love creating a video and thinking wow, this may win, and then finally get to the contest and finding out what beat me. It's a lot of fun.
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

MetalWolf
Org Profile

I'm Canadian

Post by MetalWolf » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:56 am

First Name: Corey

Alias: Metal Wolf
E-mail: metalwolf8@yahoo.com

Web Site: Veyr crappy site www.geocities.com/metalwolf8/index.html

First AMV you ever saw (if you remember): Final Countdown by Europe for the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion.

What do you look for most in an AMV: I can't exactly discribe what I look for in a good AMV, just something that fits the mood of the music or vise versa.

Who(if anyone) inspired to yo create AMV's: Jesmaster and/or Evil Penguin
What is your favorite type of AMV: Action/Comedy

On average how much time do you spend on a single video: I don't count the hours that I spend, it feels like a day in a half that I spend on my AMVs, I think around 20 hours or more, I might be wrong.
Do you feel that winning awards makes you a *master*: I don't exactly look for getting awards, just want respect as a AMV maker, I don't think I can ever become a master at it, I just make them as good as I can, if it ever make sme a maste rin the future then hey good for me but I am not guning at being one.
Do you see AMV's as an art form: I think of it as a way to let out my emotions, sometimes I look at it as a hobby, sometimes an art so I think its both for me.
Does negative feedback cause you to become less inclined to create more videos: I get negative remarks all the time sugar coated with remarks that they think they know how I think when I make AMVs. I get them all the tiem because of my sheer number of AMVs that I have made. It has on occasion made me depressed enough to want to quit, but I always just pick myself up and use that negative remakr to make me try harder the next time around. Quitting is something I have never really been good at.
Do competitions mean the world to you: I have always been a competitive person when it comes to things I take seriously, I feel I haven't got to the point of this craft to be truely competitive since I have nothing to show for it and I not exactly serious about AMVs I just do it to what I can, only times I am serious about is only if it is agood reason for it. But when it comes to amature wrestling and wrestling video games, I am most of the time too competitive. So competitive that no one wants to play against me at any wrestling video games anymore.

TekkaRepliroid Zero
Org Profile

Post by TekkaRepliroid Zero » Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:14 am

Alias: TRZ
E-mail: tekkaman@blademail.net

First AMV you ever saw (if you remember): 1998 Anime North AMV Contest (heftig first dose ;) )

What do you look for most in an AMV: Reach the senses. This can be effective eye candy, but there's more than one way to get a sense triggered in an AMV. Whether you get pure addrenaline or heart-wrench reaction, or anywhere inbetween, that kind of reaction is truly the way to be taken for a ride/experience.
Story = Good.
Quality matters to some extent (there are limits), but is not the end all be all.

Who(if anyone) inspired to yo create AMV's: Hard to say, I don't think I was directly inspired by one person since my first exposure was a full contest, but DokiDoki's Ranma Kombat left a mark on me as the most vivid of the first AMVs I saw.

What is your favorite type of AMV: Anything goes for genres, but the more intense/evocative the better. Drama I guess, if appropriate mixed in with Action.

On average how much time do you spend on a single video: Seems to be somewhere around 40 I think...

Do you fell that winning awards makes you a *master*: Not exactly. It does change how other people look at you slightly though.

Do you see AMV's as an art form: Yes. It's an imaginative twist that hasn't been presented. The reactions they can create justify it as an art form easily.

Do competitions mean the world to you: No, but it's the best exposure, so it's important to participate if I intend to have my work seen.
<i>TekkaRepliroid Zero</i>
I'll Never be the One that she Needs (first DL-able vid, ops appreciated)
"OOW, Why does it huuuuuuurt?!" - Zim
"Ooonly if you dance with meeeee" - GIR

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:19 pm

excellent... its coming along beautifully....

bwa ha ha ha

Return to “General AMV”