Full Metal Alchemist Ep. 30

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Calim
Org Profile

Full Metal Alchemist Ep. 30

Post by Calim » Mon May 03, 2004 9:41 am

Damnit they keep cutting it off at the good part >.<.

From what I saw today it makes me think that the little kid has maybe part of her baby? or part of her actually in it? Anyway this will get interesting to see what happens in the big brawl next episode
"Ass's are important in todays society, but....." -By Knuckles
FUNimation Kills my innerchild
Shippo is the PIMP of all foxes ^^.
Shippo Fan Club Member

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Mon May 03, 2004 2:05 pm

Yes, I love Izumi. She is so cool.
Just when I thought I figured it out, they throw another twist in the story. Damn, this is the best series I've seen in a long time.

Calim
Org Profile

Post by Calim » Mon May 03, 2004 5:12 pm

Yeah Izumi rocks, she's hot too ^^
Shippo Fan Club Member

generalhs
Org Profile

Post by generalhs » Mon May 03, 2004 10:24 pm

rubyeye wrote:Yes, I love Izumi. She is so cool.
Just when I thought I figured it out, they throw another twist in the story. Damn, this is the best series I've seen in a long time.
Too bad the next episode preview spells trouble for her.

And the kid might not have part of her as he already has part of Ed. However, I wonder how long ago she tried to resurrect her child? For all we know, one of the other Sins (I call them that as it's easier to type) has her guts.

The five-way brawl looks interesting: We've got Greed's henchmen vs. the military vs. the brothers vs. Izumi and the kid vs. Envy (if you were paying attention, you'd notice that the Fuhrer who shows up isn't the real one, he's still in a meeting with Mustang. I can only conclude that it's Envy there.)

generalhs
Org Profile

Post by generalhs » Mon May 03, 2004 10:26 pm

Darn them for not letting us edit posts:

I'm still also interested in how Greed fits into everything. I'm starting to believe he may be the real villain in all this, due to his namesake. He probably has ambitions of taking over the world or something.

Calim
Org Profile

Post by Calim » Mon May 03, 2004 11:47 pm

I swear if they kill her HEADS WILL ROLL!
Shippo Fan Club Member

generalhs
Org Profile

Post by generalhs » Tue May 04, 2004 9:30 am

I doubt they'll kill her, but the episode will be tough on her. If they killed her, it would deviate too far from the manga.

Revenance
Org Profile

Post by Revenance » Wed May 05, 2004 3:24 pm

Calim wrote:I swear if they kill her HEADS WILL ROLL!
I wouldnt doubt it if she died. It would spur ed and al on and not only that the foreshadowing does not seem in her favor. I think that the kid will get taken by envy.

I know that greed isnt the main bad guy here. Greed just seems to be a homonculus that doesnt give a shit about the other Sins. I think that the main bad guy is none other than ed and al's father. He is is pulling the strings, created the sins, and is looking for something.

What really interests me is whether or nor Al's body will come back before the ending of the series. And in that case will he become a state alchemist as well?

I'm also really interested in scar. He still has some major role to play. I cant figure out what it is though. I think his brother may be alive or something like that...

Only time will tell.

generalhs
Org Profile

Post by generalhs » Thu May 06, 2004 8:24 am

freeze_lord wrote: I wouldnt doubt it if she died. It would spur ed and al on and not only that the foreshadowing does not seem in her favor. I think that the kid will get taken by envy.
If they kill her off, it will be deviating quite a bit from the manga, something the show hasn't really done so far.
freeze_lord wrote: I know that greed isnt the main bad guy here. Greed just seems to be a homonculus that doesnt give a shit about the other Sins.
Indeed, he fits his name quite well. In the manga, he's there since the second chapter (which is, IIRC, around the 8th episode), but he doesn't contest anyone because he's too busy getting money and valuables.
freeze_lord wrote: I think that the main bad guy is none other than ed and al's father. He is is pulling the strings, created the sins, and is looking for something.
You know, a lot of people think that and they could be correct, but I've been looking at things differently. We can pretty much figure out how a Sin is created by now. They're the by-product of an attempt to raise a human from the dead. It's obvious Izumi (their teacher) probably created the kid when trying to resurrect her dead child, but what did the brother's create when they attempted to raise their mother? I think they may have created Sloth (notice how she does look like their mother). Scar's brother (or the alchemist from episode 4) probably created Lust as well. Greed's been around for over a hundred years, so we'll probably never know his creater. Envy we have no idea how long he's been with the group either and I don't want to imagine what kind of person created Gluttony.

However, those who have read the manga already know the real leader of Envy's group is Wrath (and they know who Wrath is as well)

freeze_lord wrote: What really interests me is whether or nor Al's body will come back before the ending of the series. And in that case will he become a state alchemist as well?
I don't think it'll happen, honestly. I think the whole point behind the series so far is that they commited a crime and will have to live with the consequences. Even if they can get Al's body back, I doubt he'll want to become a dog of the military.
freeze_lord wrote: I'm also really interested in scar. He still has some major role to play. I cant figure out what it is though. I think his brother may be alive or something like that...
Indeed, he still has a role to play in all this. Some even say he might be a version of the Philosopher's Stone due to his arm.
freeze_lord wrote: Only time will tell.
Definitely. I can't wait until monday.

Calim
Org Profile

Post by Calim » Thu May 06, 2004 12:58 pm

They're the by-product of an attempt to raise a human from the dead. It's obvious Izumi (their teacher) probably created the kid when trying to resurrect her dead child, but what did the brother's create when they attempted to raise their mother? I think they may have created Sloth (notice how she does look like their mother).
I'd have to disagree with you on some points here and correct some others.

1. From what we know from the anime that yes the Sins are by-products of human transmutation gone wrong but not the actual human there trying to create, I believe that the thing that person gives up in order to bring the dead back to life is what help makes the sin not the actuall human they are trying to raise.
2. I don't think Izumi made the child alone. As you can see Ed's arm and leg are on the kid which would bring me back to my #1 and proves my #1 is right in the correction.
3. I'll have to look back on sloth and the mother because right now I'm at college and not very sure.
4. Oh I don't know if any of you thought of this but if the body parts from the people who try to summon the dead create sins I'm thinking what about Al's body? Will it come back whole as a sin or in parts with other different sins? I hope they bring a sin looking back just like him it would make an interesting plot twist to the story and scare the hell out of both ed and all ^^.
Shippo Fan Club Member

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”