Speeding up songs in Winamp

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
silver_moon
Org Profile

Speeding up songs in Winamp

Post by silver_moon » Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:38 am

I heard somebody say they sped up a song by 6% in Winamp to use in their video. I thought I might want to do that for one of my songs but I don't see any settings where I can do that in Winamp.

I'm guessing I need a plug-in. Anybody know which plug-in I should be using to do this?

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:03 am

I wouldn't recommend doing it with a winamp plugin - the quality would be crap.

Go get yourself a proper audio editing program and speed it up there, it'll be much better.

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:07 am

Proper editing program... in other words, one that's gonna cost money.
I don' t think I'll be able to afford another program this year, I spent it all on my computer and DVD's.

Hmmm... speeding it up might not work too well after all. The song is already an mp3 file I downloaded so the quality already sucks, I don't think I want to make it worse. Sigh, I don't know if I want to spend twenty bucks on a CD for one song...

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:10 am

Borrow the cd or get it from a library ^_^

As for paying for the program, CoolEdit has a free trial but I don't know if it lets you save.

If you want something free then there's the good but complicated Wave Length Adjuster that you can download from doom9.org - it has a command line interface, which you might not like, but it does work if you know what you're doing ^_^

Eek-1
Org Profile

Post by Eek-1 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:46 am

The plugin your friend mentioned could be Winamp PaceMaker. I have been using it on my comp for a while. The sound quality produced is quite good if you speed it up but horrible if you slow it down.

http://www.dawnload.net/plug-ins/winamp ... index2.cfm

Otherwise use the method that AD recommended

Return to “General Discussion”