excel saga

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:48 pm

NeoGohan wrote:the only translation thing I hate is "Great Will of the Macrocosm" instead of "Great Will of the Universe".
mac·ro·cosm.
n.
The entire world; the universe.

So, you see, nothing was mistranslated. :-D

NeoGohan
Org Profile

Post by NeoGohan » Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:05 pm

jbone wrote:
NeoGohan wrote:the only translation thing I hate is "Great Will of the Macrocosm" instead of "Great Will of the Universe".
mac·ro·cosm.
n.
The entire world; the universe.

So, you see, nothing was mistranslated. :-D
Oh, I know it wasnt mistranslated, I just didnt care for the translation.

rurouni_trelane
Org Profile

Post by rurouni_trelane » Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:09 pm

klinky wrote:Excel Saga came out in 1999, three years is not "Rushing" a release...
ADV fretting around and finally doing dubbing now and getting pinched for time is what's caused her voice to go wack.
<resists urge to sigh>
ADV only picked up the license a few months ago and only started working on the voices even more recent than that (obviously). What I am referring to is that the fans are demanding all of the volumes to be released as fast as possible, without allowing for the usual 3 or 4 months between volumes.
I believe in equality of the sexes and all, but hey, I likes boobs.

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Sun Jul 07, 2002 7:47 pm

Excel was voiced by the very talented Mitsuishi Kotono.A list of her roles is <a href="http://www.tcp.com/doi/seiyuu/mitsuishi ... e</a>.Some of her more notable roles:

Ebichu-Oruchuban Ebichu
Misato-Evangelion
Excel-Excel Saga
Juri-Utena
Sailor Moon-Sailor Moon
Mireille-Noir
Yatouji-X

You could say she's the Pepsi to Megumi Hayashibara's Coke.
I'm out...

rurouni_trelane
Org Profile

Post by rurouni_trelane » Sun Jul 07, 2002 8:02 pm

This is the English Excel we're talking about, though.
I believe in equality of the sexes and all, but hey, I likes boobs.

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:43 pm

Maybe Jessica has a wussy voice that gives out easily or she shouldn't have been cast for the rule.

Fans can demand all they want, but if the anime is popular enough they will wait. ADV most likely announced they had the license a few months ago, but actually obtained it early then that. It's common practice for them to do that.

I wouldn't blame the ppl's who are going to be buying and using their cash as the source of the problem. I think the american anime industry is flawed and alot of "anime loving" CEO's have their heads up thier asses.

Anyways, I would much rather blame el ADV over crappy production processes rather then the fans. ADV has shown that they can really suck in the past. However, I hear that the Excel DVDs are some of their best yet and I don't discredit the DVD, just the means in which they produced it.

Also kthulhu, was replying more towards NeoGohan's message then yours.

~klinky

NeoGohan
Org Profile

Post by NeoGohan » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:07 pm

I know its been more than a few months since they obtained the license. When I first started getting the episodes, it had already been licensed and SAHA had stopped subbing because of it.

I'm pretty sure Excel Saga was licensed back in 2000...

NeoGohan
Org Profile

Post by NeoGohan » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:10 pm

NeoGohan wrote:I know its been more than a few months since they obtained the license. When I first started getting the episodes, it had already been licensed and SAHA had stopped subbing because of it.

I'm pretty sure Excel Saga was licensed back in 2000...
Edit: It was licensed in February of 2000.... thats alot more than a few months.

imadude
Org Profile

Post by imadude » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:48 am

also can anybody fully get what the english excel said in the next episode previews the first time they saw it cuz i watched it the first time when i was pretty messed up and i was like whoa shes talkin really fast :?:

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:04 am

I wouldn't watch it in English :P I've loved Excel Saga since it came out a LOOONG time ago in Japan. heh.

Anyway, that's too bad that they have to change VA's... I hate it when that happens. You never really see ity happen in Japanese versions though. The only instance I can think of off the top of my head was Sailor Moon. Mitsuishi Kotono was sick for a few months once, so they got someone else to do Sailor Moon's voice for the last 2 episodes of season 1, and the first 8 I think of season 2. (The Seiyuu, whose name eludes me, came back later on and did the voice of Chibiusa. She also did Miaka in Fushigi Yuugi :) )
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Return to “General Anime”