Naruto Episode 79

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:04 pm

I thought it was a great episode. I mean finally ....gawd it was dragging on so long or pulling rather... *you know what fight I'm talking about*

Ahem Calim *cough* Hokage mumbles something about true strength in protecting the others and themselves *cough* :P

I've only read what's been released over here for the manga. So I can't really comment, but I liked the end of this arc anyways.

Calim
Org Profile

Post by Calim » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:20 pm

Moonlight Soldier wrote: Ahem Calim *cough* Hokage mumbles something about true strength in protecting the others and themselves *cough* :P
Eh? Where was that coming from?

oh and Keyboard....Gaara isn't dead

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:08 am

keyboardsamurai wrote:This actually turned out to be my fave episode so far.

The fight was amazing as sasuke kept on repeating. The only thing that struck me this time was when the Hokage frog was at a standstill with Gaara's Racoon. Since the frog is a Hokage level does that mean Naruto and Gaara are both Hokagely skilled?

I thought they did a really damn good job on the ending, especially when the music started playing when the 3rd hokage was passin on (reminded me of Knocking on Heavens Door for some reason) *ne1 know the songs name?

[hide]
The only thing I won't like is if Gaara is killed from Naruto's final punch, and he thinks he won cause, Naruto isn't moving. *No I haven't read the Manga....
[/hide]

10/10 for this episode!

another point for not filling it with a history lesson :lol:
¿Que?
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

keyboardsamurai
Org Profile

Post by keyboardsamurai » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:46 pm

Not sure what ur unsure of, but this is my guess.

Naruto kept on calling Gaara's sandmonster a Racoon..

Que pasa con que?

Arctyc
Org Profile

Post by Arctyc » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:19 pm

I think that's a localization -- I haven't been able to toss the kanji at someone that really knows their Japanese, but I think Shuukaku is a Tanuki; a very raccoon-like animal that finds its way into many Japanese legends.

Some of the scanlations called it a badger. º.º

In4ser
Org Profile

Post by In4ser » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:22 pm

keyboardsamurai wrote:This actually turned out to be my fave episode so far.

The fight was amazing as sasuke kept on repeating. The only thing that struck me this time was when the Hokage frog was at a standstill with Gaara's Racoon. Since the frog is a Hokage level does that mean Naruto and Gaara are both Hokagely skilled?

I thought they did a really damn good job on the ending, especially when the music started playing when the 3rd hokage was passin on (reminded me of Knocking on Heavens Door for some reason) *ne1 know the songs name?

[hide]
The only thing I won't like is if Gaara is killed from Naruto's final punch, and he thinks he won cause, Naruto isn't moving. *No I haven't read the Manga....
[/hide]

10/10 for this episode!

another point for not filling it with a history lesson :lol:
Yeah...don't worry about wut u fear won't come true. Though i'm starting to dislike naruto...Naruto and Sasuke and stuff are getting to powerful, next thing you know it's DBZ shinobi style. I can't wait for episode 81...my favorite character makes his appearance. Kicking ass.

*spoiler*
Uchiha Itachi makes his appearance in 80, but doesn't get introduced until 81. Yes, he's in the intro it's his eyes in the intro and he's also in the black and red clothing next to the dude with a bandaged sword. He's my favorite character. One of the last members of the Uchiha clan because he killed them all, except his bro. He's a freakin genius and became leader of ANBU at age 13. (Sasuke's age) He and Kisame fight Asuma and Kurenai, then later on Kakashi and Gai. Kakashi get's his ass kicked, and doesn't wake up and weeks later doesn't really seem like Itachi was trying either. Hope they include him more in the manga...too bad he's a pussy and doesn't really want to get into a serious fight.
*spoiler*

pen-pen2002
Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime
Org Profile

Post by pen-pen2002 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:49 am

I was starting to lose interest in naruto but the last three episodes or so have re-kindled it. I don't know what it is exactly but it seems to be getting pretty epic and the tension and drama is highted, similarly to the Zazuba (sp?) arc where they were fighting for their lives. During the tounaments it was interesting to see the diferent styles but it was a bit to much like DBZ. Speaking of which, naruto and sauske are both getting very powererful it's true but it has an effect on their respective charicters so it's not the same as DBZ's mindless ramping up the power (Oh no, I can't belive it! He's gone uberultrasupergoogleplex sayan!)

In general the end of the Hokage fight lasted way too long but it all got tyed up quite nicely. My only concern is what will happen to Orochimaru, as I see the potential for some cheesy plot developments. Well Guess I'll find out eventually.

Neo-Matrix
Org Profile

Post by Neo-Matrix » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:32 pm

yes this episode was very cool. 78 and 79 both started things back going really quickly.

*Spoilers*

At first in 78 when i saw Kyubi I couldnt wait to watch him fight a little bit(even though i know he wasnt the real one) and then naruto was just awesome. I think everything ended super-quick, raccoon crumbled, hokage died, and then the episode ended. Very quick ending but I loved the action climax.

*/Spoilers*

How long are the mangas and is there an ending to those yet? I shouldn't read them because Ill get impatient, but I might anyways.[/code]

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:41 pm

The mangas are up to chapter 212 or 213, currently.

In4ser
Org Profile

Post by In4ser » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:35 pm

The next episode of Naruto 81 will be manga chapter 140

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”