end of Evangelion (episodes 25 and 26) - confused

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:39 am

...yeah, pretty much.

But if he changed his mind about killing everyone, then why is everyone still dead? Because they're not really dead, they're just a giant puddle of Tang. So why did Shinji want to turn everyone into Tang? Beause he was really thirsty. Obey your thirst, destroy humanity.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Excalibur00
Org Profile

Post by Excalibur00 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:32 pm

well the point is at the end is................hmm i'm sorry i dont remember, i am still thinking of the point of the movie itself. I dont get the ending. What kind of ending is that, that just....ends like that?

death_wing
Org Profile

Post by death_wing » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:18 pm

at the end, shinji finally realizes what he really wants in his life and that his fear of being hated by others are solved... that's why he decided for humanity to live on. :D
Too many people are living in a nightmare, when life was meant to be a dream!

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:24 pm

Excalibur00 wrote:well the point is at the end is................hmm i'm sorry i dont remember, i am still thinking of the point of the movie itself. I dont get the ending. What kind of ending is that, that just....ends like that?
.... a good one?

Some series literally end without ending, but Evangelion had two whole endings (2 TV episodes and 2 overlapping movies) to conclude the series. For me personally, I hate to have things drag on and be crap, a series has to end at the right time. Evangelion had a perfect ending, it had to end somehow so why not the end of the world and the rebirth of humanity?
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

Excalibur00
Org Profile

Post by Excalibur00 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:56 am

sure, cant blame the ending, but it still is just....the ending is something unlike all the other endings you've seen on other animes.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:33 pm

but that doesn't make it a bad ending, like you said, it's different

the way the matrix revolutions ended reminds me of eva, a bit open-ended for some people's tastes, but when you boil down to it, it's actually a great ending

Evangelion... the other white meat... okay, that was just pointless :?
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

Kaimi-chan
Org Profile

Post by Kaimi-chan » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:53 pm

Ah... I wish you guys understand portuguese, I've got a super theory about that... ^^'
"Kuchime oshii Yappari kono omoi dake wa, kuchitekurenaindayo." ~By Tsunade
Kakeruka? oó

Alpha_Hazard
Org Profile

Post by Alpha_Hazard » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:24 pm

I really think this ought to be a sticky thread...

Excalibur00
Org Profile

Post by Excalibur00 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:30 am

Well, any thread that involves the subject of EVA is suppose to be sticky.

Alpha_Hazard
Org Profile

Post by Alpha_Hazard » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:41 am

Daio Kaji wrote:the way the matrix revolutions ended reminds me of eva, a bit open-ended for some people's tastes, but when you boil down to it, it's actually a great ending
Actually, although the ending may have been well thought out, how it was written was just...ouch. Seriously, talk about "it's a woderful life" and what's up with that kid anyway, in "Kid's Story" he was all hard core and cool, but in Reloaded and Rev. he was just a whiny loser, with a Little girl crush on Neo.

OK, offtopic. Anyway, Evangelion has a certain appeal to the apocalyptic personality that some find depressing, but really to me is optimistic. It make the future what you want it to be, rather than some hollywood writer, who has to have a happy ending because he doesn't want to piss off his investors, I think that's why Anime is getting so popular, because it has that non-hollywood feel to it, that feel that many people want, because they are tired of the same old happy endings and money making plots (Unfortunately, Anime is cashed in on too, asking for up to thirty dollars for four episodes...what a sham)

Well, I'm seeing things now, so I'm gonna go get breakfast, byebye

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”