General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Anime Bob
Org Profile

Post by Anime Bob » Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:24 pm

maybe i forgot to mention it was a trail version, any way any music suggestions

elrick
Org Profile

Post by elrick » Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:41 pm

Linkin Park is way overused, and most people will shudder and ignore it. Try a little known band, or something pre-90s.
All Purpose Sexual, Fan Boy Yaoi Yaoi
AMV's I think I make those.
Also known as RanChan, Founder of Studio Yygdrasil

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:49 pm

Hey, just give the guys who run the site a break, okay? Regardless of their own personal views on the subject, promoting or condoning piracy on their site is apt to get the whole site shut down. They're only protecting their own interests. (Now, it's very likely that most people ARE against piracy - but no matter what they can't allow discussion of it on their server. It could jeopardize the whole site. It's really not worth losing the whole site over, IMO.)

Anyhow, as for what music, eh... I don't know Gundam, so I can't really suggest anything.

_faerie_
Org Profile

Post by _faerie_ » Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:37 am

I'd use ummm crawling...that would be good. but that's just my opinion.

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:10 pm

Here's my two cents.

You've got Gundam. Your original idea of Linkin Park says to me you are planning an action vid. So, naturally, you want a relatively fast-paced song for an action vid (at least, I have never heard of a slow action vid. Hmmmm...), something with a good beat and a strong chorus. Now, what Gundam immediately brings to mind is rock/metal-type songs, such as Linkin Park, Adema, Rammstein, etc. If you want to do that, more power to ya. I wish you the best of luck. It's your video, no one elses. Enjoy it.

However, I am assuming that you want something different, since you are here in Suggestions at all. So, with that in mind, here is my idea for a song to be merged with Gundam. Something with a good beat, but something that has not been used so much that people may shy away from it on principle.

Every Little Thing's Imademo Anataga Sukidakara.

It's something different from the screaming rage-rock and power metal that is normally used with Gundam, plus it's Japanese, so you can theoretically not worry too much about the lyrics and create your own personal narrative, like Eric Kobet did with Tainted Donuts. I don't know what Gundam series specifically that you have, but I am listening to the song right now and I am seeing some kind of character-driven narrative as a possibility.

In any event, download the song and give it a listen.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

Aneino_Kaijin
Org Profile

*grins*

Post by Aneino_Kaijin » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:22 am

Hmm, if you're using GW, and this is just a suggestion, but I always thought a Trowa vid to "Cathy's Clown" By the Everly Brothers would be... different *chuckles*
Always looking for the next bad idea.
Pandora's Box | Paralysis in Motion

DJ Ohyama
Org Profile

i says you use an old band.

Post by DJ Ohyama » Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:37 pm

use something like the Pixies , or some Pink Floyd. Or i could hook you up with some good sounds from an underground Seattle band called Juno if you like, email me Dark-wings@gundamwing.net , ok? Otherwise, just go with what you like, its your art after all.

I am the Walrus....ku ku kachoo

Return to “General AMV”