Instrumental Anime Project

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:36 pm

pen-pen2002 wrote:If anyone has any Rachmaninov especially piano concerto no. 2 could they please upload it to the FTP? Good luck everyone!
Done.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:52 pm

pen-pen2002 wrote:If anyone has any Rachmaninov especially piano concerto no. 2 could they please upload it to the FTP? Good luck everyone!
omg Flight of the Bumblebee! Someone dew it!
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

pen-pen2002
Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime
Org Profile

Post by pen-pen2002 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:30 pm

OK, a couple of things, first someone should do "Night on Bald Mountin" from (both?) Fantasias to keep the tradition going.

Second I think I'm going to have to change songs (Sorry XenoDrake.) I still plan to use sins sometime but right now I'm commited to using magnetic rose as source and I just found that "Reqiem for a Dream" is insanely perfect for the anime and unless I find some other dark sounding piece (I'm open to sugestions) I'm going to call that one as it has the makings of a amazing video.

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:00 pm

Dark music. Hm. The following come to mind:

Bach's Tocatta and Fugue
Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata (Great loss impression)
Suppé's Finale from "Light Cavalry" Overture (mourning the dead thing)
and maybe even Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto

Or maybe some of those are just me.

rose4emily
Org Profile

Post by rose4emily » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:29 pm

The "Requiem for a Dream Theme", Bach's "Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor, BVW 565", and Beethovin's "Sonata Quasi Una Fantasia (Moonight Sonata)" are all in the outbox of my FTP site. You might wan't a different "requiem for a dream" version, though, as there are several of different lengths and slightly varied instrumentation from the movie and then the Lord of the Rings trailer.

All you need to use FTP is a client. For Linux, I'd suggest gFTP, for Windows I'd go with FTP Explorer, which is free for non-commercial use.
may seeds of dreams fall from my hands -
and by yours be pressed into the ground.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:43 pm

Hmm, it appears yours is quite large - 116 megs... any chance you could scale that down?

As we speak, I'm dropping a set of songs to the mailbox. See if you find any of them interesting enough to put up in the outbox among others. They should present a nice variety of modern/avant-garde stuff, anyways...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:39 pm

hmm - riddle me this...

I tried getting either of the WIP files, but it says 'failed to open file' whenever I try to download. Any idea why?
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:43 pm

Also - another thing - seeing how you have a general AMV downloads section, and you have my Wasteland in there - if you want, I can send you a 'final' version of the video which looks a bit better, and has some of the effects towards the final part smoothed out.

I'll drop it to the inbox tomorrow if you don't mind. Might as well distribute it somehow...

pen-pen2002
Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime
Org Profile

Post by pen-pen2002 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:53 pm

Thanks for the heads up on requiem. I knew it sounded familiar but I couldn't place it. I think it's also a title of an anime movie.

I uploaded a little "preview" of my video. This is why I wanted the song, I actually put together the clips as a example of my source so I could show it to people and ask for song suggestions. Then I thew some difrent songs in the audio track and requiem just clicked. All timing is incidental and this in NOT a work in progress, just a teaser to show you guys what I'm looking at. Enjoy.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:00 pm

Hmm... do you have download permissions on some folders but not others? It seems like I can only download files from the folders for songs and the videos you made, but not others (including WIP).

Check your permissions, or should I check my own settings?

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”