Instrumental Anime Project

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
rose4emily
Org Profile

Instrumental Anime Project

Post by rose4emily » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:13 am

Welcome to the new thread for the instrumental anime project. I'd call it "Animasia", after the Anime/Fantasia juxtiposition that someone came up with a while back, but I'm not sure that that'd mean as much to those who haven't been following the original thread.

Anyhow, the web page with the general guidelines for the project is up. You can get to it by clicking on the "WWW" button at the bottom of this post, and following the links "Anime Resources" and "Anime Music Videos". As the project progresses, it is likely that more information will be added to that area of my site, but all interactive communication is to be done right here in the forum.

If you would like to join the project, and don't yet have the FTP addess you'll need to upload and download files for the project, send me an e-mail at "SoundOfSilence@Comcast.net" and I'll add your name to the list and send you the address for my server. It's a bit backward, but it's the closest thing to registration that I could pull together with what little free time I've had this week.

Feel free to give suggestions and ask questions, and don't be shy about submitting partially-finished work for me and anyone else who's interested to look at. This is a collaboration and it makes sense to keep as much information flowing as possible as we move forward, if only to keep track of who's done what and avoid duplicated and wasted efforts.

Anyhow, I hope you have as much fun with this as I think I will.
may seeds of dreams fall from my hands -
and by yours be pressed into the ground.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:16 am

The site isn't loading.

Having entered the completion process of my own multi-editor project, I can probably offer you good advice as to how to keep yours afloat. Contact me through AIM if you'd like to discuss further.

-DOKool

rose4emily
Org Profile

Post by rose4emily » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:06 pm

The site should be showing up (unless you tried to get to it when the RIT servers were in their maintainence period, in which case it probably just timed out).

Here's a direct link to the guidelines page:

http://www.rit.edu/~cop3958/anime/amv.html

I'm looking at it right now on its internet location, so it's definately up there and being spat out by Grace (Grace being the web server here).

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:11 pm

I just sent you an email.

Anyways, I like the 'Animasia' title more. It's not too hard to figure out, but if people don't get it at first, they can look under the information and find out themselves. And it just sounds better than Instrumental Anime Project IMO.

The site loaded for me.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

rose4emily
Org Profile

Post by rose4emily » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:25 pm

Definately "Animasia" or something on those lines for the final title. The final title should be something more creative than "Instrumental Anime Project" - I just wanted to call the project by the most descriptive name I could think of.

And I just replied to you e-mail.

TallonKarrde23
Org Profile

Post by TallonKarrde23 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:06 pm

someone better use some Tenmon music :?
I SUPPORT THE CHINESE MAFIA!
DER FUHRER IS SANTA!

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:40 pm

Good to see this going!

I'm likely to be mostly off the computer in the next few days for health reasons, but I'll try to get involved in this actively once I'm back in order...

Good luck for now.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:26 am

If I felt like editing, at all, I would definitely join up. Oh well. :?
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

CliffD
Org Profile

Post by CliffD » Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:57 pm

You don't know how tempted I am to sign up (currently semi-stalled on a personal multi-vid project using a rock instrumental -- four vids so far outlined and partially completed, none actually finished). And the majority of ideas I have for other vids tend to be towards instrumentals. But right now, i can't FTP anything. Any way a snail-mail address can be used to send CD-R's?
HELP!! I'm being held prisoner by CLAMP fans!! We Demand -- er, They Demand -- uh, OH, FORGET IT!! It's Fun Here!!

pen-pen2002
Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime
Org Profile

Post by pen-pen2002 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:03 pm

If anyone has any Rachmaninov especially piano concerto no. 2 could they please upload it to the FTP? Good luck everyone!

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”