Naruto 75 *Gaara stuff* spoiler loaded.

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:39 pm

Daio Kaji wrote:
freeze_lord wrote:Gaara has felt many emotions that include love, trust and emotions like that are positive. His caretaker (i forgot his name) gave him the chance to experience those emotions. I have a hunch that its more due to that caretaker that he has trouble expressing himself due to the way that he was lost. That is the only real parental figure that Gaara has since his father wasnt really there for him. I think Gaara has flashbacks because that young side of him who wasnt a monster is battling with the monster he has become. Which begs the question, had Gaara's caretaker not died and had his father not tried to kill him would Gaara have been much more similar to Naruto? Could he have possibly been a force to be reckon with for the good side?
...YES, i think that's what the whole thing was about when Naruto was saying that they were exactly alike, the difference being that Naruto was the one that found people to except him

except, Gaara would be MORE powerful, Naruto has to be in very extreme situations for his fox power to surface, Gaara's power on the other hand is only a matter of will-power, not danger
Ya I agree, especially since it seems as though his character was set up just to show the difference between two people with the same problem, but with different circumstances.

subzero3
Org Profile

Post by subzero3 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:17 am

Gaara can't sleep at night because if he does the Sand Shukaku takes total control of him, consequently he is nuttier than a Snickers Bar :lol:

I think that about sums up why he hallucinates and has flashbacks and such, you'd be a tad nutty too if you could never sleep.

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:38 pm

Rozard wrote:.... Yashumaru attacked him only because she had received an order from the Kazekage, but she explained that she could have declined if she wanted. Inside, she feels that she always harbored a hatred of Gaara, since he took the life of her sister.....[/color]
[/quote]

um, just wondering, wasn't yashumaru a guy? i just thought he looked like a girl, but his voice sounds like a guy....i'm so confused.... :?

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:30 pm

Can't women have deep voices?
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:06 pm

As far as I'm concerned, Gaara is a victim, a product of society. (...long ... wait) I always wanted to say that.

Anyhow, he used to be a nice kid (he even tried giving all those kids that the sand almost mutilated a little medicine). But people hated him and that traumatized him. So when Yashamaru (or whatever name that murderer had), who was the only person Gaara felt he could trust, tried to kill him (this makes more sense if you read the spoilers up there) he really lost it.

And Gaara doesn't mean "a demon who only loves himself". Gaara is the name of a Hindu demon who only loves himself. I'd explain the whole mythology but it's really off-topic here so never mind.

You said you love to hate him. I love him and I hate it because it wrecked my whole image of beinga an emotionless robot.

By the way, the seal on his forehead means "Love". I don't know if that's irony or sarcasm.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:39 am

By the way, the seal on his forehead means "Love". I don't know if that's irony or sarcasm.
Tweeny-weeny spoiler wrote:
His mother named him Gaara(the word Love on his forehead, for Gaara to love himself and himself only, to live only for himself.
Yashamaru is a man. Hes the brother of Gaara'a mom.
Yashamaru is a boy name.
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:12 am

Here's a noob-like question. How do u put that spoiler quote?
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:28 am

never mind, I found out.
My DeviantART profile

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”