Help needed MAJOR!

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
MoonCosmicPower
Org Profile

Help needed MAJOR!

Post by MoonCosmicPower » Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:28 am

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:37 am    Post subject: Help needed MAJOR!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a mac user and I am interested in making AMV's. I have a 2 G4's to my dispose. one with OSX and the other OS9.2. Both have DVD ROM, and I know I have to rip the footage off the DVD's. i have not idea how to do this, let alone if i can do it for free. I am a student, still in high school, and not quite old enough to get a full fledged job. I need some serious advice, software, and tutoring, but I assure you that if I am able, I will make some AWESOME music videos for you guys. i am at an arts magnet school in my city and I want to put my creativity to use. I have tons of programs, like Adobe Premire and stuff like that. I use my dad's comp, so they are all his. Sorry I talk too much ^_^

Sincerely,
Melissa, Age 15
A.K.A. MoonCosmicPower :?:
(...dances happily..).::GENKI::. .::GENKI::.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:17 pm

Sheesh...in how many forums did you post this?

Try looking at your other two threads. :-P

Dark Kamui
Org Profile

Post by Dark Kamui » Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:21 pm

:shock: My advice: "Wait till you can get a job or shift your $allowance$ into buying your own Windows Based System instead of a whole new wardrobe every week."

*Macs are EVIL* :evil:

gambitt
Org Profile

Post by gambitt » Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:27 pm

Nice way to treat a fifteen year old newbie, guys, stellar.
If you ain't got something nice and helpful to say then shut up.

Moon, watch your AIM, help is on the way.

Dark Kamui
Org Profile

Post by Dark Kamui » Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:38 pm

Did I also mention that AOL is the pinnacle of public online ignorance? :twisted:

:D *BTW, most 15yr girls spend more in clothes in one week that I spend on yearly PC upgrades.* :D

otakuscotty
Org Profile

Post by otakuscotty » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:22 am

Don't Diss Macs Kamui.... They are more than suitable to perform the AMV task.

My advice to her is get Adobe Premiere 6 and get the Visual Quick start guide to Adobe Premiere (book) and allocate alot of free time to learn the software and just the same amount of free time to make a GOOD video...anybody could slap a video together in a day, but the good ones take a few weeks to do(not guaranteed though, good is a very subjective term).
I believe the ATI Raedon video cards and the new Gforce4 cards are Mac compatible, so get one of them that has video inpus as well as outputs so you can get cool clips from the original dvd and vhs source and use the software that comes with the hardware to get you clips. Bring your clips and music to Premiere and have fun!! This is your art, so there is no right or wrong, just public opinion, which sometimes is very insensitive and completely wrong and off-base.
Do your AMV for yourself first THEN after that you can deal with the sedated marketing research to appeal with the "masses". (Remember when you try to appeal to everybody, you appeal to nobody)
  • Mac
    Premiere 6
    good video card
    large harddrive
    patience
    learn your software
    place to host your finished product
    HAVE FUN!

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:53 am

Dark Kamui wrote:Did I also mention that AOL is the pinnacle of public online ignorance? :twisted:

:D *BTW, most 15yr girls spend more in clothes in one week that I spend on yearly PC upgrades.* :D
you wanna keep generalizing like that or need i point u in a new direction?... you know, away from the sterotypes and towards reality. :evil:

candre23
Org Profile

Post by candre23 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:01 pm

I don't like macs, never have, but I grudgingly admit they are very good at video editing. I spent 3 weeks editing a school production on a media100 system, and it only crashed once. I'd never actually BUY one, but they do have their uses.

Arekuru
Org Profile

Post by Arekuru » Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:12 pm

When I was 15, <i>I</i> certainly spend that much on clothes every week... That or you do rather inexpensive upgrading.

But I'll agree with you on the AOL thing.

Dark Kamui
Org Profile

Post by Dark Kamui » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:59 pm

Inexpensive? Well, I can't just wave a gutted fish wand a la' Puni Puni and make $500-600 drop out of thin air every 2 months! :evil:

*Not that I'm a bum, but PR's economy reflects that of the USA by 75% or less. My town is like NO Employment zone and all big firms are selling everything and moving away. I'll probably have to move to the USA next year.* :(

Return to “General AMV”