Noir episode 25 (SPOILERS)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:34 am

DOH!

>_< Hold on, I think I know what the ending is now...
Spoilers wrote:Dur. Mirelle said she's kill Kirika after she finds out about her past. Do you think that gunshot was Mirelle killing Kirika?
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:16 am

No, she's so skilled that she wouldn't need two shots. :wink:

But seriously, that is a possibility too. Ah, got to love ambiguous endings.

TheMadOne
Org Profile

Post by TheMadOne » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:33 pm

brain...collapsing

Jeez, why did you have to recall me that? I almost forgot abaut the two shots. But since there are no facts, it´s all speculation.

And like all the smart Matrix2-speculation, all those ideas make sense.... until the crappy sequel, anyway.
Your day shall come.
Be strong.
Be brave.
And for gods sake! DONT SCREW UP AGAIN!

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:01 pm

Yeah the final scene with the shots is quite interesting... I have no doubt that it was ment to be excruciatingly ambigous so that everyone can decide for themselves what happened. Right now I lean toward the suggestion that the Soldats killed Kirika and Mireiyu. I mean there where 2 shots, and it makes sense. These Soldats want to keep their power, and they know that these two assasins have killing ability above any of them. It's not like they would hesitate to kill Kirika and Mireiyu, and they had their backs turned. It's a pretty bitter ending, but that's just the way life goes...

I guess it could be Mireiyu killing Kirika, I always expected something would come of that in the ending, but I think that issue was more than settled beforehand, so settled infact that I think it's illogical to beleive that Mireyui killed her then. Not only had there been those occurances like when Kirika saved Mireiyu and the letter that Kirika had written, but just moments before Kirika had been in a position of near death, and Mireiyu begged her to live, and she accepted. Nothing more was going to happen, if Mireiyu wanted Kirika to die she would have let her die there. Plus, a side note, Kirika had killed Kuroe to save Mireiyu after Kirika's and Mireiyu's battle. I think that scene, if not the other scenes, shows that the death agreement had been settled. What's more, Kirika is the better fighter of the two, so Kirika would have either had to be caught off-guard (which is very unlike her, but understandable considering the situation) or Kirika would have allowed it to happen, and I think she got over that after the previous occurance when Kirika's past was revealed. So, what I'm saying is, Mireiyu would have to have been even more decieving and manipulative than Arutena was to have killed Kirika at the end. It's definetly a possible end, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:47 pm

(SPOILERS!! GAAAHH!!! STOP READING THIS!)

By the way... since this thread is about episode 25 and not 26, I'll give my opinion on that. The way that Koroe died was very tragic and sad... pitiful even. #25 is likely my favorite Noir episode, with 26 following and then probably 24.

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:01 pm

HeartbreakerByZep wrote:The way that Koroe died was very tragic and sad... pitiful even. #25 is likely my favorite Noir episode, with 26 following and then probably 24.
25 is my favourite too. It's like the saddest thing in my anime watching history. I've seen the whole series about 6 or 7 times now and that moment makes me weep everytime.

I think I feel sadder for Kirika than Chloe in that scene though. Chloe's death was quite predictable after all, but it was just so unbelievably depressing to see Kirika lose the first person she could connect with, who shared the same memories and had endured the same hard and ruthless training. A childhood friend.

I'll go to a dark corner to cry now. :cry:

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:18 pm

OOPS called her "koroe" I guess it doesn't help me to be inconsistent when calling her Kuroe....

Anyway It definetly was tragic for Kirika too, especailly when Mireiyu asked if she was okay, but for me personally it was more tragic for Kuroe. Kirika's still got a life ahead of her, but Kuroe doesn't. Of course death is the only way to conquer death, and it's usually worse for those still living then it is for the deceased, I guess Kuroe wasn't in too bad of a place, but just the tragic-ness of her life touches me deeply. For one thing she was killed by her kindred partner whom inspired her to be what she was. What's more, she was sent to her death by Arutena, clearly her mother figure. Plus she was chosen to die in favor of Mireiyu, which I'm guessing wouldn't make Kuroe happy. And finally Kuroe never really did things for herself, she was always living for Arutena or Kirika.

alias_ludi
Org Profile

end of Noir

Post by alias_ludi » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:40 am

O.k. the thread is about ep25, but most of the discussion is about the two shots at the end of the final episode 26. I'd like to ad some thoughts about the ending, but unfortunately they got quite lengthy and i decided to put them on my website. If you're interested in some detailed discussion of that topic have a look at www.arndludwig.de
Bye,
Arnd

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”