last evangelion episode [episode 26]

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:40 am

Bryal wrote:lmao, never know :P i'll check it out alredy downlaoding both movies, hard time trying to find the directors cut though, found only 2 and the users left right away :?
heaven forbid you pay for good anime :?

btw, i second what everyone is saying, find ur own answers, this isn't a b-s way for everyone to get off the hook from explaining stuff to you, it's just better to actually sit down and think about shinji's state of mind throughout the series and also think about what was the point of all the companies anywayz

have fun :wink:
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

pen-pen2002
Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime
Org Profile

Post by pen-pen2002 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:54 am

It's always good to think things over, but If your totally confused try checking out evamonkey It's a good site with more than you ever thought there was to know about eva.

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:50 am

I suggest reading as much as you can about the series and pick up whatever you can. Then rewatch it (but not anytime soon. Give yourself time to digest the information). Evangelion is something no person can learn in a day. lol

I don't think anyone can ever really understand the entire thing, but it comes gradually. Rewatch the series when you have some time. That's the best advice I can give you.

Put it this way, I just watched End of Evangelion for something like the 6th time last night, and the entire movie as a whole is starting to come together. Why? Because I've read enough info on the web that I start getting good ideas of what's going on. But ultimately, you've got to decide for yourself what's true and what makes sense. Nothing makes more sense then when you figure it out on your own.

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:45 am

With all due respect, I suggest you watch it some more, man. Evangelion is like Furi Kuri, you've got to watch it all atleast a few times before you start asking questions (since you'll almost certainly answer a lot of your own questions by watching it again and then come back with much crazier and harder questions)
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:57 am

Here's my advice:

-Do not listen to what anyone else says unless they provide proof
-Rewatch the first 24 episodes and EoE (Japanese with English subtitles, of course) with one finger on the pause button. Whenever a character says something that you think might be significant, or when you see a possible visual clue (like any time when words other than subtitles appear on the screen), write it down verbatim. Remember, though, that the characters are not all honest, "in the loop", or even sane, so not everything that they say is true... Ritsuko in particular seems to say a lot of questionable things, and the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man nailed to the red cross in Terminal Dogma is NOT really Adam, despite what Kaji says.
-Read over your notes and try to piece together as much as possible.
-Knowing what you now know, watch the first 24 episodes and EoE again, this time making sure that everything is consistent with your conclusions, or maybe noticing things that you hadn't noticed before. Take note of any inconsistencies and try to work them out, or figure out which side is true.

A few bits of info to get you started:

-Kaji was killed by the Men in Black, not Misato. The show's creator/director said so.
-Dr. Naoko Akagi's soul is NOT in Unit 00, no matter how many n00bs tell you otherwise.
-Don't ask what Gendo said to Ritsuko, because no one has ever figured it out... not even Ritsuko's japanese voice actress!
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:11 am

You fucken nerd.
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bryal
Org Profile

Post by Bryal » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:23 am

ok thanks for the help everyone, im picking more up each time i watch an episode, so in time i should get most of it. :mrgreen:

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:30 am

Bryal wrote:im picking more up each time i watch an episode
Yeah, Eva is like that :)
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

LindenRathan
Org Profile

Post by LindenRathan » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:35 pm

the ending to the series was kind of a mess up and everyone complained about it so the guy wentahead and did a movie to show the "real" ending
so watch End of Evangelion and your set
-The DragonLord Linden Rathan known to mortals as The Knight of Fire-

Nestorath69
Location: Utah right now. SLC region. I'll fight you. Come on!
Org Profile

Post by Nestorath69 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:48 pm

Steps to Understanding NGE:
1. Watch series.
2. Read manga.
3. Ask tons of pointless questions.
4. Watch series 3 more times.
5. Race out and buy whole new copies of series because they're director's cuts and have an additional 14 seconds of additional footage PER EPISODE.
6. pay full price for series ($200-300) instead of purchasing everything for $45 on Half.com.
7. Chase everyone that cares about you in the slightest away as you pour endless, pointless Evangelion 'trivia' into their cerebral cortexes.
8. Make TONS of evangelion wallpapers and submit them in a mass mail to anime wallpapers websites.
9. Watch series 8 more times, just in case you may have missed something.
10. Get into pathetic flame wars over niggling details in the series.
11. Buy a bullet and rent a gun- shoot yourself in the head. You now know everything.

P.S. It was me. I killed Kaji. I couldn't stand another hippie around, so I plugged him.
Site whoring:
http://forums.megatokyo.com - for anime, manga, RPG, Real Life, Politics, science, Spam, Video games, Music, et cetera.
www.deltaanime.com - I'm a Mod, baby!

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”