last evangelion episode [episode 26]

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

last evangelion episode [episode 26]

Postby Bryal » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:22 pm

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Just finished watching the series, and the ebst way to put it is that, i havent been more confused in my life. I think there needs to be more explenation to it, and more questions answered, id like to no more about the angel thats unit 01 she is the second angel right? thats just my asumtion(sp) but does it explain why it goes berzerk? or did they use sinji's mother's DNA with unit 01, and what was with the last angel? are the angels even the enemys? who or what is the thing that ikari is talking to in that room. what the hell is that plan they were talking about?? is it one of those balance things like the way the matrix ended? i havent yet watched the movies im going to soon, ive heard that they explain some things in it. but if anyone can answer these things please do so, id be greatful.
Bryal

Postby Rhyevaln » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:31 pm

I know how you feel... kinda. But I think you would be better off finding answers for yourself than having them handed to you.

There are many Evangelion websites with Evangelion forums with thousands of Evangelion related topics that you probably couldn't read in a year or two.

Try it, you just might be more satisfied with finding it yourself than taking what someone else says. One person says this while another that, I would rather choose to believe what I want to instead of someone else.

:twisted:
"Anything they make will be like sucking on your ass to get a taste of your favorite meal again." -LiveAction adapations of Anime |·| Why Yes, I am very opinionated. That's what makes this fun. :twisted:
Rhyevaln

Postby Bryal » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:35 pm

i supose, but how do you know what you have is right? i have tons of theorys though im not sure if there right :P
Bryal

Postby TallonKarrde23 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:43 pm

watch D:R, EOE, and the directors cut, perhaps that'll clear some stuff up...though i dont know...last time i watched anything eva was years ago :?
I SUPPORT THE CHINESE MAFIA!
DER FUHRER IS SANTA!
TallonKarrde23

Postby Bryal » Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:32 pm

ok, i'll look for it, was the EOE abreviated?
Bryal

Postby DTJB » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:24 pm

Bryal wrote:ok, i'll look for it, was the EOE abreviated?

The abreviations mean Death:Rebirth and End of Evangelion. Have fun watching them, hope your mind gets blown away.
College is Kicking My Butt
M.E.B. Feb. 23 '51 - Aug. 3 '08
You will be missed.
See you around, Space Cowboy.
DTJB

Postby ebichuman » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:25 pm

End Of Evangelion
ebichuman

Postby bum » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:18 pm

and theirs some evangelion hentai anime, i found it on the net somewhere, give it a download, it could answer alot of questions......................or mabey not
bum

Postby Excalibur00 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:57 pm

UMMMM.....what i;'ve heard about the hentai EVA is that it is just nonstop sex and perversion. I dont beilve watching it will help u with ur questions.
Excalibur00

Postby Bryal » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:06 pm

lmao, never know :P i'll check it out alredy downlaoding both movies, hard time trying to find the directors cut though, found only 2 and the users left right away :?
Bryal

Postby Daio Kaji » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:40 am

Bryal wrote:lmao, never know :P i'll check it out alredy downlaoding both movies, hard time trying to find the directors cut though, found only 2 and the users left right away :?

heaven forbid you pay for good anime :?

btw, i second what everyone is saying, find ur own answers, this isn't a b-s way for everyone to get off the hook from explaining stuff to you, it's just better to actually sit down and think about shinji's state of mind throughout the series and also think about what was the point of all the companies anywayz

have fun :wink:
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D
Daio Kaji

Postby pen-pen2002 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:54 am

It's always good to think things over, but If your totally confused try checking out evamonkey It's a good site with more than you ever thought there was to know about eva.
pen-pen2002

Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime

Postby Anime Jedi » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:50 am

I suggest reading as much as you can about the series and pick up whatever you can. Then rewatch it (but not anytime soon. Give yourself time to digest the information). Evangelion is something no person can learn in a day. lol

I don't think anyone can ever really understand the entire thing, but it comes gradually. Rewatch the series when you have some time. That's the best advice I can give you.

Put it this way, I just watched End of Evangelion for something like the 6th time last night, and the entire movie as a whole is starting to come together. Why? Because I've read enough info on the web that I start getting good ideas of what's going on. But ultimately, you've got to decide for yourself what's true and what makes sense. Nothing makes more sense then when you figure it out on your own.
Anime Jedi

Postby HeartbreakerByZep » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:45 am

With all due respect, I suggest you watch it some more, man. Evangelion is like Furi Kuri, you've got to watch it all atleast a few times before you start asking questions (since you'll almost certainly answer a lot of your own questions by watching it again and then come back with much crazier and harder questions)
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.
HeartbreakerByZep

Postby the Black Monarch » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:57 am

Here's my advice:

-Do not listen to what anyone else says unless they provide proof
-Rewatch the first 24 episodes and EoE (Japanese with English subtitles, of course) with one finger on the pause button. Whenever a character says something that you think might be significant, or when you see a possible visual clue (like any time when words other than subtitles appear on the screen), write it down verbatim. Remember, though, that the characters are not all honest, "in the loop", or even sane, so not everything that they say is true... Ritsuko in particular seems to say a lot of questionable things, and the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man nailed to the red cross in Terminal Dogma is NOT really Adam, despite what Kaji says.
-Read over your notes and try to piece together as much as possible.
-Knowing what you now know, watch the first 24 episodes and EoE again, this time making sure that everything is consistent with your conclusions, or maybe noticing things that you hadn't noticed before. Take note of any inconsistencies and try to work them out, or figure out which side is true.

A few bits of info to get you started:

-Kaji was killed by the Men in Black, not Misato. The show's creator/director said so.
-Dr. Naoko Akagi's soul is NOT in Unit 00, no matter how many n00bs tell you otherwise.
-Don't ask what Gendo said to Ritsuko, because no one has ever figured it out... not even Ritsuko's japanese voice actress!
The only .org member to donate $1,500 and still have a donation status of "total leech"
the Black Monarch

Next

Return to Anime Series Discussion