How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Problem...

Post by kiarrens » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:13 pm

Thank you so much for posting these awesome instructions! ^_^ I seem to be encountering a minor difficulty, though, that I was hoping you'd be able to help me with. I split the ISO file (Kingdom Hearts), then tried to run it through the extractor. It didn't work, so I tried running them through individually. There are 3 files. The first stops at 98%. The second stops at 5%, and the last goes all the way through but doesn't find any MPG files. I tried re-splitting the file, thinking that maybe it encountered an error there, then tried running the entire un-split ISO file through the extractor. Neither worked. Am I going to have to buy a capture card or is it just a file error that can be corrected?
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

ShadowInc
Org Profile

Post by ShadowInc » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:09 pm

Hey, thank you so much for your guide, but the extractor program doesnt seem to be working...Are there any others that you know of which could help me rip the videos? I ran the DVD Decryptor, followed by the Splitter (Those ran fine), but then the extractor is not picking up anything from the 5 newly split files when I run the extractor. Could that possibly be outdated? Please get back to me! Feel free to e-mail me at reaping_faith@hotmail.com or IM me at splender4eva
Thanx!

fyrtenheimer
Org Profile

Post by fyrtenheimer » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:49 pm

awwww

i was looking for one around the internet and couldn't find one.

<3 ty <3

Maximo
Org Profile

Post by Maximo » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:10 pm

will this work with any ps2 game exp..... The bouncer cause ive wanted to do one for that for a while now...
Sha yi jing bai!
Newest vid: D!

Killer_Moogle
Org Profile

Post by Killer_Moogle » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:21 pm

I split the ISO file (Kingdom Hearts), then tried to run it through the extractor. It didn't work, so I tried running them through individually. There are 3 files. The first stops at 98%. The second stops at 5%, and the last goes all the way through but doesn't find any MPG files. I tried re-splitting the file, thinking that maybe it encountered an error there, then tried running the entire un-split ISO file through the extractor. Neither worked. Am I going to have to buy a capture card or is it just a file error that can be corrected?
I've had the same problem, plus, when i try to extract a large audio file using MFAudio, the program just freezes about halfway through. Any suggestions?[/quote]

redrummaker
Org Profile

Post by redrummaker » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:11 pm

Quote:
I split the ISO file (Kingdom Hearts), then tried to run it through the extractor. It didn't work, so I tried running them through individually. There are 3 files. The first stops at 98%. The second stops at 5%, and the last goes all the way through but doesn't find any MPG files. I tried re-splitting the file, thinking that maybe it encountered an error there, then tried running the entire un-split ISO file through the extractor. Neither worked. Am I going to have to buy a capture card or is it just a file error that can be corrected?

I've had the same problem, plus, when i try to extract a large audio file using MFAudio, the program just freezes about halfway through. Any suggestions?
i have had the same problem and killer_moogle i like you'r paine thing
There is no why to this life, I am and that's all the reason i need.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:06 am

Maybe I should also recommend before doing my ps2 ripping method, try to see if the game's movie files can be read normally with ps2play or pssplex before trying it.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

redrummaker
Org Profile

Post by redrummaker » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:38 am

i tried to download mf audio on the website in your links but i wouldn't let me download it
There is no why to this life, I am and that's all the reason i need.

DarkAlex
Org Profile

Kingdom Hearts

Post by DarkAlex » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:11 am

I too tried to rip Kingdom Hearts and encountered the same error. I then did it without splitting the files, which I don't know why you'd do in the first place, and encountered the same error around 966 Mb, which is where it was before. You who have seen this error as well, does it occur at that specific place for all of us?

DarkAlex
Org Profile

Post by DarkAlex » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:17 am

Oh, by the way, this means that the failure of the extractor is in no way due to having accidentally split a file half way. Also I would recommend removing that step for people who have greater than the ripped game's space again free on their computers after ripping because it is not beneficial except that the TEMP files created will be smaller at any given time.
PS. This is not to say that FileSplitter isn't worthwhile, on the contrary, it is one of the most helpful utilities out there, just not for this.

I'm going to try to split the files at exactly 966Mb to see if that will make anything turn up.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”