end of Evangelion (episodes 25 and 26) - confused

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:59 pm

the Black Monarch wrote:
UncleMilo wrote:So, what are your thoughts on Rei representing the 6th Sephira?
I have none because it cannot be proven or disproven, and you are stating it as your opinion/interpretation/belief/whatever instead of as fact.
:? der..
but i think he's still interested in your opinion none-the-less

when you're discussing opinions, hard-core time/date/where they were standing/who they were standing next to references aren't necessary

it doesn't make a lick of difference whether or not Rei is the 6th Sephira, but it's kule to think about imo
HeartbreakerByZep wrote:Just a Q - how does the Sixth Sephira touch the base of heaven? I have the Tree/System Sephiroth tacked up in my locker and I don't see how. I would think (not that I know the system well at all) that if anything is actually touching the base of Heaven it would be II & III, leading to the archetypal world. Anyway most of Evangelion's religion based refferences are inaccurate to their respective religions, so I personally wouldn't put faith in those things.
is it possible that there are just some Tree/System Sephiroths that are just more detailed than others maybe?
or is there a standard that is never deviated from?
(the one on gendo's floor right?... or was it ceiling?)
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:31 am

Daio Kaji wrote:when you're discussing opinions, hard-core time/date/where they were standing/who they were standing next to references aren't necessary.
I'll admit that it's kind of cool to know all the wierd religious symbolic stuff that goes on, but unless an idea can expand one's understanding of WTF is going on, I'm not terribly interested.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:47 pm

the Black Monarch wrote:
Daio Kaji wrote:when you're discussing opinions, hard-core time/date/where they were standing/who they were standing next to references aren't necessary.
I'll admit that it's kind of cool to know all the wierd religious symbolic stuff that goes on, but unless an idea can expand one's understanding of WTF is going on, I'm not terribly interested.
fair enough

i think they should force everyone in the world to watch NGE :P

besides being cruel, it'll have positive results, plenty of much more in depth arguments in the world and plus it would bring exposure to anime and some of the better series that have a purpose besides entertainment

SO WHO'S UP FOR WORLD-WIDE FORCED ANIME SESSIONS?!!...
i know at least one person who is! (below)
FOLLOWED BY CAKE AND ICE CREAM... unless ur diebetic... or lactose intolerant... or just don't want any... and want to ruin everyone's fun :evil:

Excalibur00
Org Profile

Post by Excalibur00 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:21 am

well I believe the reason why there was a movie after that is to replace those last two episodes. Other wise, those adoring fans would really want to kill the creators. Actually many death letters and hate mate were sent to them after the series ended.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:31 pm

Excalibur00 wrote:well I believe the reason why there was a movie after that is to replace those last two episodes.
...and the new information is where? the 'movie' actually does have a Episode 25 and Episode 26 chapter search (assuming it's DVD) so it's not an assumption on ur part, it's fact
Excalibur00 wrote:Other wise, those adoring fans would really want to kill the creators. Actually many death letters and hate mate were sent to them after the series ended.
yeah, that's a well known trivia among anime fans... least it should be

Excalibur00
Org Profile

Post by Excalibur00 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:42 pm

every time i watch EVA the psyclogy behind it makes my head ache.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:22 am

Excalibur00 wrote:every time i watch EVA the psyclogy behind it makes my head ache.
i would rarely say this, but in this case, i might suggest not watching eva anymore

Excalibur00
Org Profile

Post by Excalibur00 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:22 am

I didnt meant that literally. It just confuses me at times, but that is why i like the series.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:41 am

i guess if u mean that you like it because of the psychology, then that's a good thing, go watch it now

Kaimi-chan
Org Profile

Post by Kaimi-chan » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:22 am

It's quite simple.
Shinji made the 3rd impact happen.
He wanted to kill everybody, but in the last minute, he changed his mind, and he and Asuka are alone on the Earth now. :o =P
"Kuchime oshii Yappari kono omoi dake wa, kuchitekurenaindayo." ~By Tsunade
Kakeruka? oó

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”