AX 2002 - AMV Contest (Results!)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
anneke
Org Profile

AX 2002 - AMV Contest (Results!)

Post by anneke » Sat Jul 06, 2002 12:52 am

Arrived at the contest apx. 7pm when the seating was to occur.

We were not seated till apx. 9:30 pm.

The crowd was restless, VERY VERY Restless.

Watsuki-sensai entered the audience by leading the crowd through a wave, much to my delight.

At 10pm it was announced the contest would be postponed due to technical diffeculties.

After much booing and hissing, the discission was made to show the AMV contest at 8am the next morning. At which time judging would occur. For those who wished to be in the Cosplay Contest line, a second showing of the AMVs is to be held Sunday morning at 8am. (However judging would only occur on Saturday).

As a reward they showed Metropolis DVD.

That is all to report at this time.

Anneke
p.s. I have no time to read stuff. <yawn!>

XbignameX
Org Profile

Post by XbignameX » Sat Jul 06, 2002 2:16 am

The problem according to the technical staff was that the field order on a great number (possibly all) of the entries was reversed, they spent 2 hours trying to fix it but with no sucess so they took the videos and started to run a network re-render of all the clips ruined, ETA for the render, 10 hours... I think they just captured everything wrong when they were putting together the compilation....

I didn't have any of my videos in the finals, but I came up especially to watch the AMV contest, I live in San Jose (that's nothing compared to some other people) and was definitly not pleased seeing as how I have to go back tommorow (saturday) I can't afford to take the 3 1/2 extra hours to watch the contest tommorow seeing as how I have to work at 5 pm tommorow in San Jose.... (hell I already lost $150 by taking today off)

Will I come to AX next year, probably, on the one condition that they don't wait until the last possible minute to do an equipment check... and next year I'm definitely staying for the duration of the convention instead of just coming for the AMV events... if only I had stood in line for the bebop movie instead.. *Sigh*

oh yeah, and my normal bigname account is suddenly broken now... this is the night that keeps on giving...

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:34 pm

Anneke got better seats than me and EvilVegettoZ...... Although Brad DeMoss got the far right corner in the front... lol
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Sat Jul 06, 2002 11:36 pm

hahaha

so much for row 1 seat 1

:lol:

EvilVegettoZ
Org Profile

Post by EvilVegettoZ » Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:33 am

lol...You got that right...

anneke
Org Profile

Moshi Moshi

Post by anneke » Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:49 am

I got better seats because at the AMV panel they said they were not giving out the tickets till 5:45 or so, and I had tickets for the Meet the Guest Reception at 6pm. So I talked to the person, and he told me where to go for the tickets. I went there and was basically the first to get my tickets, and why I got such seats. (Ofcourse at the contest in the morning, we moved over some).

Anneke

Return to “AMV Contests”