excel saga

imadude
Org Profile

excel saga

Post by imadude » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:32 am

i just wanted to know if any of yuo have seen excel saga and what you though about it also if you heard about the person that played excel got vocal cord damage :twisted:

rurouni_trelane
Org Profile

Post by rurouni_trelane » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:45 am

Yes and yes. The woman who does the english voice for Excel will not be doing anything past disc 4 of the series, due to the FANS. Because fans are pushing ADV hard for Excel Saga to come out quickly, they've been rushing the production process, not allowing the voice actress to rest her voice. Because she is not getting that rest her voice needs, she cannot do more than 4 discs or risk permanent vocal cord damage, which is career suicide for a voice actress.
I believe in equality of the sexes and all, but hey, I likes boobs.

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:53 am

Excel Saga came out in 1999, three years is not "Rushing" a release...
ADV fretting around and finally doing dubbing now and getting pinched for time is what's caused her voice to go wack.

Stupid anime distro companies, look at manga, they got the rights of EoE years ago and didn't even start translating it until Apri of last year.

Bah~

~klinky

pmfreak
Org Profile

Post by pmfreak » Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:38 am

I just saw Excel Saga in the Dub format at Wizard World Chicago yesterday... AND GOD DAMN, I couldn't understand what Excel is saying. I need the subtitles to help me. But the dubbing is funny as hell.

Beef
Org Profile

Post by Beef » Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:39 am

I want to see.........
http://www.sakkakustudios.com - Witness the Illusion
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=16354" target="_blank" class="postlink">ORG Profile</a>

NeoGohan
Org Profile

Post by NeoGohan » Sun Jul 07, 2002 1:53 pm

I prefer subs still, mainly because Im so used to it after 26 episodes. Excel's Japanese VA also has a way of speaking which just cracks me up...

dilandau_sama15
Org Profile

Post by dilandau_sama15 » Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:05 pm

I just got the first Excel Saga DVD, and i must say, this show makes my brain hurt....

afleetinghope
Org Profile

Post by afleetinghope » Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:41 pm

I've loved the series for a long time, so I don't want to see how ADV fucked it up.

Beefmaster10000
Org Profile

Post by Beefmaster10000 » Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:34 pm

That is too bad. O really want to see Excel Saga, and finally they have it on DVD. So, how many discs are there going to be? By disc 4, do you mean VOLUME 4?

NeoGohan
Org Profile

Post by NeoGohan » Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:43 pm

afleetinghope wrote:I've loved the series for a long time, so I don't want to see how ADV fucked it up.
Ah, but they DIDNT fuck it up. They actually did it justice... looks like they really put alot of work into it.

The video quality is superb and the subs are pretty true to the fansubs. There are typos (1 or 2), but the only translation thing I hate is "Great Will of the Macrocosm" instead of "Great Will of the Universe". The Pop-Up Video-esque notes more than make up for it, though.

Return to “General Anime”