Evangelion Episode 23 Director's Cut proves the following...

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:59 pm

but there will always be the select few who try and try to understand it until they convince themselves that they know enough to be able to drop it all together and leave the next generation to ponder those mind-testing questions

don't give up, just give in to the chaotic order that is evangelion 8)
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:29 pm

But Gendo did NOT see the Giant of Light, since he was in Japan when 2I occurred.
He only left a day before, the chances are astronomical that he saw the thing. It's not hard to miss :|

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:34 pm

Tab. wrote:
But Gendo did NOT see the Giant of Light, since he was in Japan when 2I occurred.
He only left a day before, the chances are astronomical that he saw the thing. It's not hard to miss :|
okay, i think ur going too far with this, i know evangelion although fictional, it echos life, but it's still anime, if someone is not present for the actual incident, chances are that they did not see the incident unless it is overwise specified

and who's to say? maybe it takes less than a day to get from antarctica to japan in NGE, we don't know the capacities of Nerv's ships, and regardless of what their boat LOOKS like it can do, you should never assume

and btw, if 2nd Impact was so un-missable, i think there would have been a lot more witnesses than just Misato, the series states and no one else has ever debated that Misato Katsuragi was not the sole witness and survivor of 2nd impact, so i don't think we can just throw gendo into it, if he did, we would know, there is no reason for us not to know, gendo gains nothing from keeping it a secret if he had been there
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:41 am

Daio Kaji wrote:
Tab. wrote:
okay, i think ur going too far with this, i know evangelion although fictional, it echos life, but it's still anime, if someone is not present for the actual incident, chances are that they did not see the incident unless it is overwise specified

and who's to say? maybe it takes less than a day to get from antarctica to japan in NGE, we don't know the capacities of Nerv's ships, and regardless of what their boat LOOKS like it can do, you should never assume

and btw, if 2nd Impact was so un-missable, i think there would have been a lot more witnesses than just Misato, the series states and no one else has ever debated that Misato Katsuragi was not the sole witness and survivor of 2nd impact, so i don't think we can just throw gendo into it, if he did, we would know, there is no reason for us not to know, gendo gains nothing from keeping it a secret if he had been there
He left on a ship the day before. Theres an incredible strong chance he saw the giant of light from the ship. Considering adam was FUCKING HUGE and you could see his wings FROM THE MOON!! Being on a ship on the ocean a few miles away compared to being on the moon is like just being up the road. He wouldve seen it. And people in other places may have noticed as well. But considering 50% of the earths population karked it after 2I, I doubt anyone would be around to speculate afterwards. And who's saying SEELE didnt do a little "cleanup" to supress the evidence? The definetly have the power to.

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:00 pm

I'm not saying Gendo saw Second Impact, but Adam was there before he blew up. It's not like Adam just suddenly appeared and was like "WHOA SECOND IMPACT *BOOM*". Gendo "brought back all the team's findings", meaning they had something to find before the actual event of Second Impact. I thought that was a given :|

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:05 pm

Kalium wrote:This thread has definitively proved one thing: Eva, with or without the Director's Cut, is confusing. Chances are, it will forever remain that way.
Oh of course, I don't think people usually need a thread to realize that, just watching the series is enough. It's interesting how Evangelion is a somewhat like a microcasm of the Scientific world, dealing with hypotheses and such, the only problem is that no real tests can be done, we only can go on the data that is the series.
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:28 am

Daio Kaji wrote:the two roles are concurrent, she was created for the purpose of joining gendo with yui through death.. i guess.. Seele had no mention of using the first child to initiate third impact, the plan was for use of Lillith, not Rei
Except that if Rei as born circa 2000/2001, that would be when Yui was still alive. Unless Gendo really did plan his wife's demise... or maybe he was just planning FOR it... hmm...
Daio Kaji wrote:okay, okay, lol, yes that sounds very coincidental, but IT'S ANIME, nothing that happens is coincidental, she says this line to shinji, and shinji has a memory come back to him, so it's slapping the viewer in the face and telling him/her to realize, THERE'S A CONNECTION!
Or maybe Anno's just trying to f*ck with us :)
Daio Kaji wrote:and this is different from what i said how? they were still made from angels none-the-less
Yeah, but you got the specific Angel wrong :)
Daio Kaji wrote:my lack of logic was already pointed out, and just for people to know, i WASN'T presenting that as FACT, i was saying that that was MY perception of what happened based on what i've learned, not that that was what happened because i know there is little information for everyone to have a clear concept
Yeah yeah, I know, I was just making a wee joke.
Daio Kaji wrote:sorry no, YOU prove to ME that it DID have a physical clone inside and then I'LL believe YOU, you can't say something is there if you can't see it, but you can assume that it is not if you can't see it, so i think ur the one that has some explaining to do
Go back to the very first post on Page 1. Ritsuko says that the clones are the cores of the dummy plugs.
the Black Monarch wrote:true, but no one knows, so we can assume anything we want in this case, it really doesn't make a lick of difference in the end, the point is they found him right? :wink:
The point is that you assumed something that there was no evidence for without having any reason to assume it, and when trying to figure out what's going on in Evangelion, that's generally a very bad thing...
Tab. wrote:He only left a day before, the chances are astronomical that he saw the thing. It's not hard to miss :|
Well he probably saw Adam, but not when Adam was doing his whole giant-of-light showy deal.
HeartbreakerByZep wrote: It's interesting how Evangelion is a somewhat like a microcasm of the Scientific world, dealing with hypotheses and such, the only problem is that no real tests can be done, we only can go on the data that is the series.
Ooh.. you're all, like, profound and stuff...
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:34 am

I just kind of figured he was always that glowie except in embryo form :|

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:04 am

Hmm... that's a possibility that I hadn't considered... mostly because his relatives (Lillith, the Evas, Rei, etc.) only glow on special occasions... but maybe Adam is special and he glows all the time. And all the Angels want to reunite with him so they can glow all the time too. OMG it all makes sense now!
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:11 am

Arael and Armisael glow all the time :|

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”