The 2004 Viewers Choice Awards Results

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:55 pm

I wonder how many of the voters actually watched all the videos. Next year make sure all the VCA's have a local download and don't let people vote until they've seen them all.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:12 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:I wonder how many of the voters actually watched all the videos. Next year make sure all the VCA's have a local download and don't let people vote until they've seen them all.
I occasionally have seen videos at cons but not downloaded them, etc...

I dont think it should be limited to people who have seen all the videos (what about the direct and indirect links?) but it might be an idea to make each vote by a person who has seen all the videos count for two or something like that.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:49 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:but it might be an idea to make each vote by a person who has seen all the videos count for two or something like that.
Yeah... but then some people would probably just download the other videos so their vote counts for more, even if they don't watch the videos. I don't really think there's any really good way to do it.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:06 pm

the only way i can think of that will (hopefully) guarantee that the voters have seen the videos nominated is to force the voter to write a summary of the videos listed and have the creators look over the summaries and deam(sp?) the voter qualified or unqualified to vote

but this system from hell would take up infinite amounts of time for the voters to write the summaries and make them satisfactory enough for the creators to believe the voter at least saw the video, not to mention the time it would take the creators to read each summary and decide whether or not the potential voters had seen the video or not...
let's just say the math isn't pretty :?
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:13 pm

Track download clicks. This is likely fairly easy for local. Just compare the downloads list to the votes. Direct you be more complicated, involving tracking of direct DL clicks, but it could be made to work. Indirect would be more or less impossible to pull off in this manner.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:17 pm

Kalium wrote:Track download clicks. This is likely fairly easy for local. Just compare the downloads list to the votes. Direct you be more complicated, involving tracking of direct DL clicks, but it could be made to work. Indirect would be more or less impossible to pull off in this manner.
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:I occasionally have seen videos at cons but not downloaded them, etc...

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:38 pm

Corran Productions wrote:
Kalium wrote:Track download clicks. This is likely fairly easy for local. Just compare the downloads list to the votes. Direct you be more complicated, involving tracking of direct DL clicks, but it could be made to work. Indirect would be more or less impossible to pull off in this manner.
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:I occasionally have seen videos at cons but not downloaded them, etc...
not to mention i'm sure people have downloaded the nominated videos anyway. when it comes to voting for noms you can't download EVERY video. that's possible but very unlikely and i personaly wouldn't want to watch 2000+ videos.

Pwolf

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:43 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:
CaTaClYsM wrote:I wonder how many of the voters actually watched all the videos. Next year make sure all the VCA's have a local download and don't let people vote until they've seen them all.
I occasionally have seen videos at cons but not downloaded them, etc...

I dont think it should be limited to people who have seen all the videos (what about the direct and indirect links?) but it might be an idea to make each vote by a person who has seen all the videos count for two or something like that.
Again, that's why you make sure they all have a local download. And if you've seen it at a con it wont kill you to download it and watch it again. If some fanboy wants to go vote for his favorite creator he needs to at least suffer through the pain of downloading and then promptly deleting all the videos he's not going to watch in order to get his measely 1 vote in.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:12 am

What if one of the nominations wouldn't be allowed for local hosting due to violence/sex?

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:47 am

Pwolf wrote:not to mention i'm sure people have downloaded the nominated videos anyway.
That's not true at all, you must be forgetting all us unfortunates stuck on 56k. I spent a good week d/ling nothing but nominees and still couldn't get them all.

Of course, we could require everyone to reveal their internet connections and disallow those on 56k to vote. :roll:
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Return to “Site Announcements”