Kare Kano ep24

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ryouga42
Org Profile

Kare Kano ep24

Post by ryouga42 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:11 am

Who else thinks the series should have ended here? I understand that there was supposed to be a second season, but I just think that ending at 26 was horrible. 24 had closure. (Sort of.) 25 was an okay episode to end on, perhaps - it was almost like an omake. But 26? 26 just opens the door on several things as if there's going to be another episode afterwards...

....which there isn't. It's not quite as bad as Berserk's ending, but STILL.

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Re: Kare Kano ep24

Post by Jnzk » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:13 am

ryouga42 wrote:Who else thinks the series should have ended here?
Almost everyone I think. But I'm still buying the box set. :wink:

ryouga42
Org Profile

Post by ryouga42 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:15 am

Oh, I was buying it as it came out (and watching it)... so I already have the full series... and I love it so much it's my first AMV.

But I just think that 24 made a perfect ending. 26 made me scream "WHERE IS DISC SIX?!" :\

We don't even get to see the nookie scene (which admittedly is all of ten seconds)...

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:29 am

Personally, I'm eagerly anticipating the releases of the rest of the volumes of the manga, so we can all find out how the story was REALLY supposed to end (I believe it goes on for 3 or 4 more volumes after the part where the anime ends). I was really rather ticked to discover that the anime didn't even get to the much-hyped cultural festival.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

ryouga42
Org Profile

Post by ryouga42 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:55 pm

I know! How many episodes can you name "14 Days"?! (I'm guessing 14...)

The manga released right now ends at vol7, which is where the anime ends, so hopefully soon I will get vol8 :D

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

^_^ I just bought it!

Post by Anime Jedi » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:57 pm

I haven't gotten there yet, but I have a feeling that I may agree if so many other people think the same. I just bought the DVD Box Set actually, and am on episode 11. ^_^ I admit though now you all have aroused my curiousity, so I may finish sooner than I wanted too. lol

ryouga42
Org Profile

Post by ryouga42 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:28 am

Well, rumor has it that once the manga is completed in the US, they'll start production on Season 2. So hopefully we get to see both sides... :)

Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:19 pm

Likewise, I'm awaiting the manga.
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:44 pm

Ok, I've finally finished watching the series, and I can finally say "Yes, I agree with you!".

I wouldn't say episode 24 was the perfect place to end, considering so many questions were still unanswered...
-Tonami and Sakura? (revenge)
-Arima's jealous feelings?
-The Culture Fest?
-The eagerly awaited play?
... to name a few ...

But I can't exactly say the next two episodes cleared anything up. An episode dedicated to Kano?! Besides, anyone know what that episode had a different drawing style compared to the rest? Then there was the next episode which brings more questions, like Arima's controlling side?!

Don't mind me, I'm a little emotional since I JUST finished watching it.

Anyways, back on topic. Episode 24 would have been nice to end on. I would have prefered perhaps half a dozen more episodes, but can't exactly do anything about that now. Hopefully your rumour is accurate ryouga42, because I'd be completely thrilled with a second season. ^_^

ryouga42
Org Profile

Post by ryouga42 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:59 am

Oh, I'm not saying 24 would have been PERFECT to end on. As you said, ends are left open. (But a lot of anime are like that..) ep25 isn't a big deal, it's almost an omake. But then ep26 opens up a lot of doors, and that's it.

I think that they were going for an American-style season end, and then never got to pick it back up again...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”