name: daniel

etc etc.

uhm

let me get back to you.

OrionPro001
Org Profile

Re: Attention Creators! You imput is needed.^^

Post by OrionPro001 » Sun Jul 07, 2002 12:16 am

First Name: Orion. (Sorry, no real info given out.).

Alias: Orion

E-mail: webmaster@orionproductions.org

Web Site: http://www.orionproductions.org

Fav. Anime: Ooohh... here's the list: Hellsing, Trigun, Ah! My Goddess, Scryed, Soul Taker, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Fav. Music Band: Bush (Thanks Machine for introducin' them to me in your Shamanic Princess AMV!! ^_^), System of a Down, Rob Zombie

First AMV you ever saw (if you remember): Some Linkinball - Z that, as I look back upon it, TOTALLY SUCKS.

What do you look for most in an AMV: I personally look for style and how, on the whole, the AMV flows. Then I look if the anime and the song actually make sense together (unless if it's supposed to be a total 'WTF' AMV. :lol: ). Visual effects and the like aren't NECESSARY, but as long as it doesn't use obvious re-occuring scenes, it's all good. ^_^

Who(if anyone) inspired to yo create AMV's: Carlos (Machine) from MindWarp ET. ^_^ YOU DA MAN!!!

What is your favorite type of AMV: Almost any that isn't hentai. ^_^

On average how much time do you spend on a single video: Well I just started, but the average for my first two would be about 2 months. (workin' about 3 - 4 hours whenever I can.).

Do you fell that winning awards makes you a *master*: No. I'm not in this for the awards, I'm in it for the fun and hopin' that people can get a deep connection to the anime through the vid's. (Well, that's my goal anyways. ^_^)

Do you see AMV's as an art form: H-E-L-L Y-E-S.

Does negative feedback cause you to become less inclined to create more videos: No, to a certain degree. If I was to keep on gettin' by MANY different people that "that just plain sucks...", "WTF are you doin'?!?! Don't embarass us!!" kind of remarks all the time, then it would discourage me. But as long as it is CONSTRUCTIVE critizism, then I don't mind. ^_^

Do competitions mean the world to you: Well, since I've only had 2 AMV's made, and only entered in the last MindWarp ET contest... no. :P

What would you consider as your best work thus far: Uumm... I would think it would have to be my Street Fighter Alpha AMV, but many say that my Darkstalker AMV is better. ^_^'
http://www.orionproductions.org
Where Anime & Music Come Together.

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Sun Jul 07, 2002 1:35 am

First Name: Daniel

Alias: SpPANDA
E-mail: Daniel@SpPANDA.com

Web Site: http://SpPANDA.com

First AMV you ever saw (if you remember): Engel

What do you look for most in an AMV: I look to see whether or not an amv shows effort. effects aren't a big deal with me. i just want to see a nice concept, nice layout, nice music, and it all has to match the amv.

Who(if anyone) inspired to yo create AMV's: Kevin Caldwell.

What is your favorite type of AMV: Action/Comedy

On average how much time do you spend on a single video: hours unknown, in terms of days, i spend 2 weeks tops. maybe.

Do you fell that winning awards makes you a *master*: not really... anyone can win an award if they have a good concept. i've won cons... im no master.

Do you see AMV's as an art form: my session 03 vid... if you've seen it. is the most artistic video i've yet to make. alot of symbolism.

Does negative feedback cause you to become less inclined to create more videos: it only makes me hesitate using the same idea in future vids. thinking it'd come out just as bad. negative feedback is a way to learn and fix your mistakes.

Do competitions mean the world to you: nah. it just a way for me to see how i stand up against other really good videos. compare and contrast. take notes and try again. its all to learn.

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Sun Jul 07, 2002 1:59 am

Yes I know about the spelling errors, I went to go and fix them...but for some reason I can't edit my posts.

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far ^^

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Sun Jul 07, 2002 1:59 am

dont thank us, thank yourself.

and pillbugs. the world couldn't hold itself together without pillbugs.

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Re: Attention Creators! You imput is needed.^^

Post by MistyCaldwell » Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:40 am

First Name: Misty

Alias: MistyCaldwell ...I want to be known as just me..believe me, it's not as impressive as it sounds ...j/k
E-mail: excel_sagas@yahoo.com

Web Site: http://angelfire.com/anime4/anivasion

First AMV you ever saw (if you remember): My own. I seriously thought I was making something completely orginal :) That was 1996. before I made the amv, I had also made one to Gargoyles which isn't anime, but I was a junior in high school and thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever done. The first one other than mine I saw was "Calling major Tom" to the Mini Goddess since it was the first amv on the 1999 Otakon reel. Yes, I sent an amv to Otakon without first ever watching anyone else's. Someday I may at least admit it on my profile since it did actually participate.

What do you look for most in an AMV: Story. A clip show is just pointless. Various videos still must have story a.k.a. a point. Most of them do have a point to get across. That is why I dislike some popular videos that rely on hitting beat hits only. *snore*

Who(if anyone) inspired to yo create AMV's: What is more like it. It was just a creative need I felt when I heard a powerful song and saw a message I needed to communicate. I love that feeling, it's like being hungry for something and not feeling full 'til it's all out of you.

What is your favorite type of AMV: Dramatic

On average how much time do you spend on a single video: At Least 2 months. I also never start another one until I finish my current one no matter HOW much I want to. Doing that will kill the first project and I know it.

Do you fell that winning awards makes you a *master*: No, there is no such thing as a master, just people who gradualy gain more expirence in the field.

Do you see AMV's as an art form: No. Art cannot be judged on a basis of value. Art isn't good or bad, it is worth what it makes you feel. Saying you like one art piece over another does not make the one you dislike "bad" but in the AMV world...people do that all the time.
In another way though, amv making is a personal investment and a creation so it uses an artistic process. The end result will only be viewed "artistic" by me when people stop judging them.
*This is not a secret blow to reviews...it's about placing titles like good or bad

Does negative feedback cause you to become less inclined to create more videos: Never. I create them to get a feeling out that yearns to be put into something visual. Having people like it is a great! bonus, but not a requirement. Plus, even though the video is a part of me I don't take negative criticism personally anyway.

Do competitions mean the world to you: I think this is answered by my above statement. I would not even care if I won an award to tell the truth. I just love them being seen. I have been in tons of competitions over my life, lead clubs, won trophies...but it's not that, that makes me feel good about amv's. Knowing people like something I made is all I want in the first place.

Hey thanks for putting this up, I had fun filling it out. :D

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:43 am

i think it needs to be tweeked to be a bit more personal.

questions like...

when was YOUR first time (details)?
and
why is SpPANDA still talking?

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:46 am

Ohh crap...silly me I missed one question and accidently left hakura's comment. Curse you cut and paste!

Do you ever feel that winning award makes you a master?

How could winning an award make you a master? All it means is that your video was enjoyed by other people more than the other ones they saw. I can't say that popularity ever equals true talent. I mean...look at the music and movies we've got these days that are the epitome of award winners.. :?

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:50 am

"Doh"s for misty's sake

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:23 am

MISTY YOUR GODDAMN AVATAR IS ABOUT TO MAKE ME :oops: :oops: :oops: EXPLODE :oops: :oops: :oops: FROM THE CUTENESS OF IT. I JUST FIND IT TOO DAMN ADORABLE!

DAMN YOU!

I thought she only wanted Canadians to post...hmmphf.

~klinky

Return to “General AMV”