AMVA's: like the VMAs on MTV but Different....

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
The Non-Professional
Org Profile

AMVA's: like the VMAs on MTV but Different....

Post by The Non-Professional » Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:57 pm

I was thinking and i thought of something everyone knows of the VMAs hosted on MTV the Video Music Awards but what if it was Anime Musci Videos instead of regular music videos since everyone knows AMVs are better. It would be called AMVA's Anime Music Video Awards. There would be Awards for everything not just the same old catogoires you see in every other AMV contest and when you win you go up on stage and accept the award. the best thing is this could be an actuall CON and it would vist it everywhere so that everyone can get a chance to enter. And the award could be like a golden Lum holding a video tape or the a-m-v.org logo the eye thingy. Well anyway reply to this thread and tell me what you think of the idea. :lol:

Oh and im not sure where this subject should go so I just thought it would fit in here.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Tue Aug 27, 2002 9:25 pm

Site Feedback, I'd wager.

And don't they do something like that once a year? I remember reading the results.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Tue Aug 27, 2002 9:27 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:Site Feedback, I'd wager.

And don't they do something like that once a year? I remember reading the results.
Well, they do the VCA's but I think Non-Pro is talking about having an award's ceremony for it at a con or something.

Declan_Vee
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Re: AMVA's: like the VMAs on MTV but Different....

Post by Declan_Vee » Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:18 am

The Non-Professional wrote:And the award could be like a golden Lum holding a video tape or the a-m-v.org logo the eye thingy.
AV con is looking at getting golden "Asukas" for the AMV conest in the next few years.

The idea in itself is pretty good though... but I doubt I'd ever attend such a thing.
AMV Search | AMV Guides
AMV Live. "It's like Iron Chef, only too many cooks will spoil the broth"

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:18 pm

Ah, I see. *nods as if she got it all along* ;P

The Non-Professional
Org Profile

Post by The Non-Professional » Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:42 pm

and i thought people would like this idea... opps.... theres my mistake...
people...

Yogurtron
Org Profile

Post by Yogurtron » Fri Aug 30, 2002 3:06 am

I think it would be an interesting idea. I would definitely try my best to attend such an event if it wasn't too far away. I would expect the attendance to such an event to be much lower than a standard con, if it was ONLY for AMV stuff, being that there are far fewer AMV makers than there are people who like anime. Nonetheless, I would like to see that idea realized. But that's just my two hundredths of a dollar. :D

Return to “General AMV”