Samurai X: Reflection

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Samurai X: Reflection

Postby LightningCountX » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:13 pm

WARNING!!! SPOILER!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED!!!!

Spoiler wrote:At the end of Reflection, kenshin and kaoru die of some fatal disease... Does anybody know what the disease was?
LightningCountX

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:16 pm

Though I have not seen it Lightning Count, I believe Kenshin died of Tuberculosis...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong however.
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells

Postby LightningCountX » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:36 pm

Well, thats what ive been told...but i dont think it is

TB does make you cough up blood(like kaoru and kenshin did)
but i dont think it makes the blood in your body rush up to your skin like that.

I also dont think its that cause there is a severe case of TB going around in my school, and nobody looks like kenshin or kaoru heh :P
LightningCountX

Postby Suzuki_Akira » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:13 pm

I'm thinking leprosy.
Suzuki_Akira

Postby Karou_ken » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:21 pm

I have no idea what disease that was. And i never heard of a disease that made your skin turn the color that Karou and Kenshin had on their skin. *Weird mysterious disease*
Master Picture Poster! HaHaHaHa!
-Queen of Spam
Karou_ken

Postby Shun » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:08 am

Not trying to sound like a smart ass or anything ( I had to be told aswell ) But that ending is bogus. Its far from the original manga ending. *Shrugs*
Shun

Postby Arigatomina » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:04 pm

Well, I don't like the ovas, but my guess is leprosy - and if it *is* supposed to be that, I'd bet Kenshin contracted it from that bite Shishio gave him (and Kaoru from her 'physical' contact with Kenshin over the years). It isn't an instant killer, but it does get the 'rotting' look as well as organ deterioration (coughing, interior pain, etc).
Arigatomina

Postby The Hitokiri Battousai » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:39 pm

Kenshin had leprosy (hence the rotting flesh which is a give away for leprosy) and he gave it to Kaoru (through sex i think :? ). Also you can tell by his banadages to cover up the leprosy wounds.
She Said, "Don't Make Others Suffer For Your Personal Hatred."
The Hitokiri Battousai

Postby IamSano » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:16 pm

Okay, so he had leprosy, but did he also have TB because he was coughing up blood (if i remember correctly). OR maybe coughing up blood is a symptom of leprosy?
IamSano

Postby AtomicWeezleman » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:02 am

~Whoah wait! Shishio had leprocy?? We are on about bandaged dood with series burns and exploding gloves arent we???? Im sure he didnt have leprocy.....................

wish i could take the time to spell things right
I play violent computer games! I could snap at any minute!!!!
AtomicWeezleman

Postby Unlimited Rice » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:21 pm

[quote=Moo]
wait.. did kaoru die like.. after the credits? or right there when the credits started?? :?
[/quote]
Unlimited Rice

Postby Tsunami Jones » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:57 pm

IamSano wrote:Okay, so he had leprosy, but did he also have TB because he was coughing up blood (if i remember correctly). OR maybe coughing up blood is a symptom of leprosy?

He definately doesn't have TB (that one chick that was the sister of the other hiten-mitsurugi guy in the third season had TB). And is everyone absolutly positive that they had leprosy? 'Cause at the end of reflection, was Kenshin bringing back a cure for the disease to Kaoru?
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.

Postby Arigatomina » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:40 am

IamSano wrote:Okay, so he had leprosy, but did he also have TB because he was coughing up blood (if i remember correctly). OR maybe coughing up blood is a symptom of leprosy?

TB is a lung cancer - yes, you have the interior bleeding, coughing, etc, but it has nothing to do with rotting flesh.

And no, there's nothing to say Shishio had leprosy, that's just my guess. Leprosy is a disease you get either through sex or some sort of physical transfer (rumor had it in the old days that just touching someone with it would transfer the disease, but it's more of a blood or fluid transfer disease than something you just breathe and catch). So...if he *did* have leprosy either Kenshin had sex with someone rotting, or it's that bandaged guy's bite. I don't know if anyone else in the series rubbed wounds with him or bit him, so Shishio is the only suspect that comes to mind. ^_^;;

Anyway, I have no idea if it were leprosy or not, but there were rumors of cures (like the touch of Jesus), but none that really worked (as in medicinal cures - they'd dull the pain but not stop the process).
Arigatomina

Postby Tsunami Jones » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:08 pm

what's all this talk about shishio having leprosy? SHISHIO DID NOT HAVE LEPROSY! He was just shot in the face and had 99% of his body burned. That's why he wear's the freakin' bandages. Not because he had leprosy. And if he did have leprosy, his woman would have had leprosy too, which, she obvioulsy doesn't.
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.

Postby The Hitokiri Battousai » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:30 pm

no Kenshin went over to the continent (china) to help lead the Japanese Army (which Kenshin would of never had done) so no he didn't go find a cure for Kaoru.

I dont belive Kenshin had TB and i don't remember him coughing up blood unless it was a flash-back BEFORE he got leprosy. He maybe got leprosy from helping people who had leprosy cause Kenshin traveled alot helping people.

And also rotting flesh is a sure sign of leprosy (however in Shishio's case, he was burned)

The characters in Samurai X and RK is: Okina, Magdaira (Amakusa Shoujir - forget the name), Tokusugi, and someone else that I forget.
She Said, "Don't Make Others Suffer For Your Personal Hatred."
The Hitokiri Battousai

Next

Return to Anime Series Discussion