How do I go about getting those PSS files out of PS2 games?

BigDude
Org Profile

Post by BigDude » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:57 pm

mitsukai212 wrote:Now, I understand about the cutscene thing... but the movie I want shouldn't be a cutscene!
It's the intro prior to the title screne (the credits with the piano song playing... lol)
Does anyone know about this problem?
Its odvously not a .PSS/.MPG file. Otherwise it would have been found druing the scan/exraction process.

Tough luck.
If you want it, you'll have to use a capture card.

:roll:

TennyoKitsune
Org Profile

Post by TennyoKitsune » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:28 am

*SQUEE!!* This method worked for me with Fatal Frame 2! XD

I used PSS Plex for the video files however, it seems they all work just fine. Thanks TONS for this Castor! ^_^ Now I can get to work on my video!
Can you still see your dreams in the distant, starry sky?
Dreams are more fragile and fleeting than a glass rose, so then why are we destined to dream?

varxtis
Org Profile

Post by varxtis » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:40 am

Ya know what Big Dude... you seem to be intent on proving that I am a newb or lazy or something with your sarcastic comments! Guess what... your personal feelings about those that enter these forums are not of my concern...! If you have information that you wish to share that would be great and I am sure it'd be a great benefit to the rest of the users! However if you are only here to put people down... then why even log on? what exactly do you get out of it? if you wish to access a public domain just to match wits... enter a chat forum! Capture card is a good Idea, and it might allow me to get the video I wish!
But unknown to you... I just purchased a video card... and do NOT wish to purchase another one just for a capture option! In anycase... you yourself haven't contributed to this forum either! You have only taken advantage of this information that was kindly provided by Castor Troy! So inevidably my comment wasn't directed to you! my inquisition was actually requesting information from Castor Troy! I am only hoping he will have the patience! lol I was just thinking there might be another route or something I did wrong... or more percisely if the video I'm looking for is a different file type!

BigDude
Org Profile

Post by BigDude » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:21 pm

mitsukai212 wrote:If you have information that you wish to share that would be great and I am sure it'd be a great benefit to the rest of the users!
So, apparently I did not give any information? Actually, I did. I said that particular clip you want from the game is not a .pss/.mpg file. To you, that may be usless, but to others seeking the same thing it could possibly save them time knowing that it is not one of those file types.
mitsukai212 wrote:you seem to be intent on proving that I am a newb or lazy or something
Well, if you, or anyone elce for that matter, ask a question before bothering to actually look through the froum, I believe anyone has the right to call them lazy. They are people whom just want to be spoon fed everything. Lazy people.
mitsukai212 wrote:you yourself haven't contributed to this forum either! You have only taken advantage of this information that was kindly provided by Castor Troy!
I would, but then I would mostly just be telling him everything he already knows. Myself, and Im sure others, look up to Castor along with others here for knowledge. He prvided this information and I thank him for that. :up:

Aside, I did not mean to seem harsh or mean or however you took anything I said. I am sorry.

TennyoKitsune wrote:I used PSS Plex for the video files however, it seems they all work just fine.
You could also just change the .mpg extention to .vob or .m2v and put it through DVD2AVI and use AVISynth. Thats what I did, and that way I can also apply any filters I need.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:38 pm

I'm gonna be working on a few updates to the PS2 ripping method since you can use a few other programs instead of the ones just listed. Hopefully I can find some direct links to the programs themselves.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Sarcastic Assassin
Org Profile

Post by Sarcastic Assassin » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:39 pm

Eh, what about the good, old video capture card? I realize the quality might suffer, but I would assume that it's more direct, and therefore easier, than these seemingly convoluted methods of ripping an ISO of the DVD, then extracting the .pss files, etc.

BigDude
Org Profile

Post by BigDude » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:42 pm

Sarcastic Assassin wrote:Eh, what about the good, old video capture card? I realize the quality might suffer, but I would assume that it's more direct, and therefore easier, than these seemingly convoluted methods of ripping an ISO of the DVD, then extracting the .pss files, etc.
Capture Cards cost money, these programs dont. :lol:

varxtis
Org Profile

Post by varxtis » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:04 pm

BigDude is right! Though capture cards will cut to the chase and do a direct record... capture cards cost a bit of money! Well, too much for me right now anyway! Besides, I know that do to the fact that I am bad about SEARCHING (I know I know) it may not seem like it... But I do like to learn about these things! I like to know how to take things apart and put them together! I want to understand WHY these programs work and how... (But I am not wanting to be a programer! Not that into it... lol)
For instance... I am doing an extensive search on any and all video programs out there (from 3d Max to Adobe Premiere and after effects) I want to actually recreate that opening intro! If I learn to do that... It will open up so many new areas! like figuring out how the heck to make a 2d image (like a cricle) rotate on its axis! Oh well... enough of my jabbing on...
G'Night for now

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:27 am

Sarcastic Assassin wrote:Eh, what about the good, old video capture card? I realize the quality might suffer, but I would assume that it's more direct, and therefore easier, than these seemingly convoluted methods of ripping an ISO of the DVD, then extracting the .pss files, etc.
You would have to actually play the game to the cutscene that you wanted to capture. Plus you are limited by the capture quality of the card. Imagine being forced to watch 73 episodes of Inuyasha just to get one clip of Sango getting felt up.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:42 am

Just linking the new PS2 ripping guide to this thread since it's stickied...

New PS2 ripping guide
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “Video & Audio Help”