RK end of Shishio Saga [episode 61]

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Shun
Org Profile

Post by Shun » Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:01 am

The Rule Of Genesis ( New rule alert!) - It dosent matter how something happened, just THAT it happened. (E.x - Neon Genesis Evangelion, The book of Genesis in the Bible)

The point wasnt how they survived, it was that they did survive. Thats it and thats all :O

generalhs
Org Profile

Post by generalhs » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:51 pm

Saitoh also shows up in one of the OVAs.

Shun
Org Profile

Re: RK end of Shishio Saga [episode 61]

Post by Shun » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:15 am

InSaNe KeYbLaDeR wrote:How does Saitou survive? @_____@ It seems impossible. And wasn't that dude who was tearing the basement of the building apart suppose to die too? That Anji guy couldn't possibly go all the way over there, get the dude, then get all the way out in time. Did Anji help Saitou? I hate it when anime's don't tell us this kind of thing. Well, sense all of us really don't know((unless it explains it later in the series)) I guess I'm just asking for your theories. *shrugs*

To give an explanation for those who didnt understand or like my first one...

Anji - First fighter at the very entrance to the maze. He could of easily left after he departed with sano. (Remeber he was reborn into salvation and no longer wished to aid shishio)

Soujiro - Hes the freaking tenken man. In other words Sukachi(God u know thats spelled wrong) could of gotten him out of there in seconds. Not to mention he already told Yumi that he would be leaving before Kenshin even met up with Shishio.

Saito - A cunning cop who had the freaking blue print to the building. What do you think? :D

Guy chopping up the basement (Houji?) - I believe that was explained when the sword collector comes to speak with kenshin in the last episodes of the kyoto arc (Kyoto : The engraved memory, I believe). He actually wished to die and burn up with the place but didnt. :o

Hope that helped clear it up, not that how they escaped really mattered to begin with :)

The Hitokiri Battousai
Org Profile

Post by The Hitokiri Battousai » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:00 am

generalhs wrote:Saitoh also shows up in one of the OVAs.
not really :? ...not after the Kyoto Arc.

He appears in Trust and Betryal (way before the Kyoto Arc) as one of the Shinsengumi and so does Shishio.

In Refelctions, he makes a pathetic appearence but the scene he appears in when Kaoru enters the room and he's unsheaths his sword is a prelude to the Kyoto Arc so yes he does appear in the 2 oVA's (Samurai X) but not int he context of After the Kyoto Arc.

If I remember correctly, after the Kyoto Arc, in a episode. Chou is seen talking to a guy smoking a cigareete in the shadows. Chou says something like "Do you want them to know you're alive?"

The shadowed figure in Saitou's voice responds "They don't need tio know". So yes Saitou did survive the destruction of Shishio's "empire building" thing and we also see this in the manga when he helps the Kenshin-Gumi fight the Jinchu (Enishi's guys)
She Said, "Don't Make Others Suffer For Your Personal Hatred."

generalhs
Org Profile

Post by generalhs » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:02 am

I meant the "Samurai X" movie. The one that happens after the Kyoto arc involving the young rebels.

The Hitokiri Battousai
Org Profile

Post by The Hitokiri Battousai » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:37 pm

ahhh yes....then I wouldn't kinwo bout that since I haven't seen that one yet :?

InSaNe KeYbLaDeR
Org Profile

Post by InSaNe KeYbLaDeR » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:51 pm

-______-

Oh well. Maybe if I annoy the writers of the script alot they'll make another episode where Sano and Saitou reunite and do lots of....interesting things...
SEKKUSU!!!!!!!!

XDDDDDD

The Hitokiri Battousai
Org Profile

Post by The Hitokiri Battousai » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:44 pm

InSaNe KeYbLaDeR wrote:Oh well. Maybe if I annoy the writers of the script alot they'll make another episode where Sano and Saitou reunite and do lots of....interesting things...
The Hitokiri Battousai wrote:I swear, if you ever say anything like that again, I'll smack you upside your head
*smack*

MR MAkaveli
Org Profile

Post by MR MAkaveli » Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:01 pm

Saito does show up again after he disappears into the burning "arena". As Kenshin is leaving on a train to go back too tokyo. It cuts back to a scene with ? i forgot the guys name but anyway he was sitting there with saito and the were discussing about the job kenshin did on Shishio.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:49 pm

And since Sano uses his Futai no Kiwami attack to blow the gate into dust in the 'Samurai X' movie - you know it takes place after the Kyoto arc. And Saitoh is in that movie as well - shows you that Kenshin wasn't surprised he survived since he barely blinks when he sees him. ^_^

[Whether Sano ever finds out Saitoh is still alive, that's another matter. I'd hope not, or he'd probably try to finish that dumb fight and end up hurt again. But then again, he was pretty upset thinking he'd died. I don't know. They don't see each other in the movie... :? ]

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”