hellsing order 9

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ryuu_hime13
Org Profile

Post by ryuu_hime13 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:20 pm

A 10 year old kid should NOT be watching Hellsing. I watch Kenshin w/ my five year old sister, but that's entirely different. :lol:
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
-Akira Kurosawa

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:23 pm

ryuu_hime13 wrote:A 10 year old kid should NOT be watching Hellsing. I watch Kenshin w/ my five year old sister, but that's entirely different. :lol:
The one on Cartton Network, I presume.
ImageImage

agelesslorg
Org Profile

Post by agelesslorg » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:58 am

ryuu_hime13 wrote:A 10 year old kid should NOT be watching Hellsing. I watch Kenshin w/ my five year old sister, but that's entirely different. :lol:
my brother is very mature even though he does not get most of the adult stuff in it he is as mature as a 60 yr old except for the senile ones
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
BEING A JERK GETS YOU NOWARE IN LIFE

koronoru
Org Profile

Post by koronoru » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:01 pm

Episode 9 of Hellsing contains non-explicit female homosexuality - and since that's a distinguishing feature of that particular episode which doesn't occur in the others, I think that it's probably what whoever said "Episode 9 is not suitable for children!" had in mind. I personally don't agree with such an assessment. I think the bloody violence which occurs throughout the series is a much better reason for a fragile child not to watch it.

Note that all four North American DVDs are rated "16up".

Note, furthermore, that I disapprove of all flat numerical age limits. Some people can watch anything no matter how young they are without harm; some other people shouldn't watch some things no matter how old they are.

madmag9999
Org Profile

Post by madmag9999 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:02 pm

koronoru wrote: Note, furthermore, that I disapprove of all flat numerical age limits. Some people can watch anything no matter how young they are without harm; some other people shouldn't watch some things no matter how old they are.
x2
Moonslayer's Guide to a-m-v.org | AD & ErMaC's Guides to Audio & Video
"I'm sorry but i don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die."

Hostile
Org Profile

Post by Hostile » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:39 pm

Episode 9 was excellent IMO. I watch a lot of anime with my little bro (13 yrs old): we watched Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, FLCL and DBZ together. Yes, including the End Of Evangelion... I was pre-warned about the opening sequence and skipped it.

Integra... is... HOT.

The Hitokiri Battousai
Org Profile

Post by The Hitokiri Battousai » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:44 pm

i made my 11 year old sister and watch a little bit of Samurai X and now she hates most anime :lol:

I dont like it when she likes tsuff I like

Although, she likes pokemon :x :x Can't belive someone of my own family would like it!
She Said, "Don't Make Others Suffer For Your Personal Hatred."

koronoru
Org Profile

Post by koronoru » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:24 pm

Although, come to think of it, if we're homophobes we should be more upset about episode 3...

The Hitokiri Battousai
Org Profile

Post by The Hitokiri Battousai » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:34 pm

is that the episode of the two vampire lovers?
She Said, "Don't Make Others Suffer For Your Personal Hatred."

koronoru
Org Profile

Post by koronoru » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:50 pm

The Hitokiri Battousai wrote:is that the episode of the two vampire lovers?
Spoiler wrote:Vampire student at exclusive boys' school gets his freak chip on with another student, they are caught before it takes effect, both die, the newer vampire gets autopsied and the freak chip removed, the other one rampages through the hospital looking for his lover, Seras has a hard time bringing herself to kill him, but she eventually realizes that there is no hope of restoring the dead one to life or undeath, and finally pulls the trigger. Then the Vatican's regenerator shows up and makes trouble...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”