Evangelion Episode 23 Director's Cut proves the following...

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:29 am

Correction: she says "I think I'm probably the third one"

If you watch Episode 18, you see that a dummy system and a pilot can coexist in one plug. Not too tricky. And the ones that only have dummy systems inside are still put into the same hole as the regular plugs.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

AtomicWeezleman
Org Profile

Post by AtomicWeezleman » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:31 am

so on this note, did they clone Kaworu?? that be interesting. i guess they did, but im not sure..................

yeah, erm, where else would they inser the plug???? :twisted: I leave it up to your sick and twisted minds.
I play violent computer games! I could snap at any minute!!!!

Cyanna
Super Rad!
Org Profile

Post by Cyanna » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:42 pm

AtomicWeezleman wrote:so on this note, did they clone Kaworu?? that be interesting. i guess they did, but im not sure..................
I believe they did.

Most people attribute Rei's red eyes and pale skin to albinism, which was a result of the cloning process. Kaworu also has pale skin and red eyes (albino as a result of cloning). But I can't say whether or not that is official.

However SEELE had their own dummy plug factory obviously (and Kaworu HAD to play a part in it since the plugs all bear his name). I'm not a big reader of manga but I do know there is a scene in Vol.......7? (help me out here) where Kaworu is nekked in a tank....very similar to Rei in her tank. If SEELE had the same facilities as NERV for creating dummy plugs then I think it's safe to assume that there were soulless Kaworu copies hanging around.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:58 pm

Yup. Since the nine Mass-Produced Evas have the name "KAWORU" stenciled on their entry plugs, it makes sense that there's a tank full of Kaworu clones somewhere.

Cherubim
Org Profile

Post by Cherubim » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:38 am

Could it be, that the big thing over the glass-tube is the reproduction of a human brain...?
Like a backup-machine for Rei...
Ritsuko said the human soul can't be copied or digitized...
And Rei said in Ep25 about Gendo that he don't let her go...

It's a silly idea, but could it be that the true soul of Rei is captured down there in the huge brain...?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:00 pm

It's gernerally accepted that that machine makes backups of Rei's memory, but the idea of it holding her soul as well just doesnt work out.
For one thing, a soul can't be copied. This is proven by the fact that only 1 Rei at a time has a soul. Since it can't be copied, then that means it can be at only one place at a time. If its inside rei, then that means it couldn't be inside the machine. And as ritusuko said that the soul couldn't be digitized or copied, that completely rules out the fact that the machine could be used. The question remains of how exactly they could move rei's soul into a new body then. I like to think maybe they had a way of converting her remains into LCL, and then using that with a new body somehow.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:18 pm

Except that enough of the bodies have been accounted for to virtually exclude that possibility.

Also, the fact that the machinery looks like a human brain is probably just symblolic and not functional, since we've seen that NERV uses real human brains where appropriate (the MAGI).

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:45 pm

the Black Monarch wrote:Also, the fact that the machinery looks like a human brain is probably just symblolic and not functional, since we've seen that NERV uses real human brains where appropriate (the MAGI).
You know, I was always under the impression that that thingy in Casper that looked like a brain was also machinery, and the MAGI merely contain Naoko's personality in digitized form... because wasn't she the one who built them in the first place?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:58 pm

Yes she was, but those copied personalities seem to need organic brains to work. If I remember correctly, they make quite the lovely squishy sound when you stick needles in them :)

squall1986
Org Profile

Post by squall1986 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:01 pm

Ok, first of all, the dummy plugs do NOT contain any bodies. I have no concrete evidence of this, but they only contain a facsimily of the pilot's mind. The idea that Rei was in the "boot" of the plug when it took over Shinji's Eva is just ridiculous to me.

Also, Rei's soul is not transfered from one body to the next. They have their individual "souls." This can be seen in the Episode named Rei III (or something like that) when she says that she knows she is experiencing things for the first time, yet they seem familiar to her. Only Rei's memories are transfered from one shell to another. Each copy has its own slightly varied personality and soul. And I know I either read that somewhere or it was in the series, or the director's cut or something.

(Sorry, it's been about 7 months since I've seen the series)
My <a href='http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 548'>first AMV</a> (FFVIII - "Imaginary")
My <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 48">second AMV</a> (Perfect Blue - "The Place You Have Come to Fear the Most")
<a href='www.animemusicvideos.org/members/member ... Profile</a>
<a href='http://s93459438.onlinehome.us/'>My Website</a>

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”