VCA Information Deadline Extended

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:30 pm

The Icey One wrote:I didn't get a email probly because I haven't changed my email here, of course it's not like I care to much about that.. just one person wanted to nominate me for one thing. But I think if the deadline was extended it might as well be extended to all..
It was :?

You're kinda late coming to this thread.

(I wanted to nom you dammit)
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:33 pm

Phade wrote:However, I am now reconsidering the "no vote" participation rule. When the rules were written, we were in the middle of the "OT is gone" backlash. At the time, I considered anyone who entered a non-anime entry, etc., to be contributing an off topic video entry. Perhaps not allowing voting was a bit too harsh. Nonetheless, I do still strongly agree with the actions of "no video participation" by those who do not bother to take the time and effort to properly maintain correct video information.
As long as there is advance warning (and there was), and a chance to fix it (there was - though it probably got swamped by last minute requests), I can see that.

But the box is what gets me. I don't know about everyone, but it would be nice to have that box as an option not to participate in the contest (like not sending vids to a con) but still be able to watch and vote (like the non-creators do). That way creators don't *have* to get their vids listed, but can still take part in the viewing/choosing.

It might lower the number of vids listed, but I don't think that would really limit the selection that much.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:34 pm

Hey The Icey One,

It was extended for all members.

Phade.

The Icey One
Org Profile

Post by The Icey One » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:56 pm

That not really what I ment, there are people saying they didn't get they're emails.. was it high priority to get it to everyone or just some? If it was then noone really has the right to bitch.. as I said I could care less this time around, nothing of mine was really worth it.. was just asking for the people that said they got nothing.
Only Claim to Fame - Still on the Most Useful Opinions List.. barely.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:59 pm

The Icey One wrote:That not really what I ment, there are people saying they didn't get they're emails.. was it high priority to get it to everyone or just some?
Everyone who was disqualified and gave the org permission to send them updates by email were emailed.

If a person's email address is old there's nothing that can be done about that.

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:19 pm

WOOOO!

Phade THANK YOU for reconsider the non vote stuff ^^

DONE! DONE and DONE ! :D
Nothing usefull here .

Return to “Site Announcements”