VCA Information Deadline Extended

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:53 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Arigatomyna wrote:Another question/proposal - participation.

It's called the viewer's choice awards. Then why are people disqualifed from voting just because their vids are disqualified? Without their vids being counted, wouldn't that make them viewers? Is participation limited to creators?

I really don't see why someone not wanting their vids to be included in the contest (by leaving the box unchecked) can't still be a viewer making a choice in the contest. The double disqualification for amv creators doesn't seem fair if people who don't make vids can still vote.
Agreed.

While I don't really care about being nominated, it bugs me that I can't nomimate the videos I feel deserving. :cry:
Hey, I'm fine with it :)

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:06 am

Paulo wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:

It's called the viewer's choice awards. Then why are people disqualifed from voting just because their vids are disqualified? Without their vids being counted, wouldn't that make them viewers? Is participation limited to creators?

I really don't see why someone not wanting their vids to be included in the contest (by leaving the box unchecked) can't still be a viewer making a choice in the contest. The double disqualification for amv creators doesn't seem fair if people who don't make vids can still vote.
Agreed.

While I don't really care about being nominated, it bugs me that I can't nomimate the videos I feel deserving. :cry:
^10

That strikes me as absolutely ridiculous.

Anyways Ari, I know a few people who got emails who weren't really known, which is my reasoning behind my eariler claim. As for people who didn't recieve emails, they should probably check their spam filters, I've heard of org emails not getting through due tot that particular issue.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:47 am

No words or mathematical equations can convey how much I agree with this post.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:30 am

SSJVegita0609 wrote:I believe emails were sent out to all members who were in danger of being DQed...
You must be one of those "Better" editors, Vegita, because I sure didn't get an email and I'm sitting here disqualified. Feel my happiness right here, vegita.

Feel it.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

istiv
Org Profile

Post by istiv » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:53 am

So do i

my status became suddenly on January 18th unqualifying (all things was "NO" before), i've tried to delete the unqualifying vids when i saw that and admin refused and the day after all my vids were disqualified... i didn't received any mail

i posted, here and PM an admin, they didn't answer me ...

what do you want ! there is a small circle of "best creators" here for wich deadlines are extended, but we're apparently not part of these ....

istiv
Org Profile

Post by istiv » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:20 am

sorry sorry sorry

i just received the e-mail ! THIS MORNING i guess, but it's too late now :( :( :( . but it was NOT .ORG FAULT but my mail provider's i presume. so i'm apologizing for what i said earlier !!

but there's is still the fact, when i've tried to edit or delete the unqualifying reasons, i get denied or ignored :(

i'm still deceive by the way this contest is ruled, but good luck for the qualified vids, will the better win !
ImageImage
ImageImage

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:53 am

Hey,

Emails were sent to all potentially disqualified members who also signed up for the "email newsletter" (option on site member profile). All others who did not wish to receive emails from this site were honored by not being sent an email.

The rules have been on public display since Jan 1, 2004. Public debate about the rules should have taken place before the deadlines for each rule.

However, I am now reconsidering the "no vote" participation rule. When the rules were written, we were in the middle of the "OT is gone" backlash. At the time, I considered anyone who entered a non-anime entry, etc., to be contributing an off topic video entry. Perhaps not allowing voting was a bit too harsh. Nonetheless, I do still strongly agree with the actions of "no video participation" by those who do not bother to take the time and effort to properly maintain correct video information. A decision will be made known about voting this evening or tomorrow morning.

Phade.

fyrtenheimer
Org Profile

Post by fyrtenheimer » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:39 pm

The rules have been on public display since Jan 1, 2004. Public debate about the rules should have taken place before the deadlines for each rule
And information about the VCA's have been posted for quite some time but you still need more room for the better ones. Maybe they should have gotten there before the deadline. Oh, they were probably too busy getting better, nevermind.
I do still strongly agree with the actions of "no video participation" by those who do not bother to take the time and effort to properly maintain correct video information.
But it's okay if the better creators don't. What does it matter? The other people are going to lose anyway, right? Hooray.

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:08 pm

SQ wrote:
SSJVegita0609 wrote:I believe emails were sent out to all members who were in danger of being DQed...
You must be one of those "Better" editors, Vegita, because I sure didn't get an email and I'm sitting here disqualified. Feel my happiness right here, vegita.

Feel it.
I feel it *runs*

I never said I got an email though, and indeed I never did recieve one. I simply made sure all my stuff was in order a while ago, and thus was not DQed.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

The Icey One
Org Profile

Post by The Icey One » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:27 pm

I didn't get a email probly because I haven't changed my email here, of course it's not like I care to much about that.. just one person wanted to nominate me for one thing. But I think if the deadline was extended it might as well be extended to all..
Only Claim to Fame - Still on the Most Useful Opinions List.. barely.

Return to “Site Announcements”