VCA Information Deadline Extended

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:30 pm

Yeah bad vid creators like me don't need any attention or an extension , because I didn't have any chances anyway :lol:
Nothing usefull here .

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:49 pm

How about a proposal for next year?

Instead of rushing around on the account of one or two creators, why not send out notices to *every* creator who is at risk of being automatically disqualified - *before* the deadline? An automatic email doesn't sound too hard, and it will keep the contest rules from being shifted to benefit certain creators who didn't know about the VCA qualifications. Instead, it woulld show the same treatment to every creator who happens to be in the dark about the details - whether 'good' or not.

That way, only those who weren't lucky enoug to check their email accounts will find themselves automatically disqualified. There won't be any question of favoritism, and everyone gets the same courtesy of being warned.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:52 pm

This is a good idea. Auto-emails are obviously not hard since you have them for the forum. I agree with Arigatomya in every aspect.

Mainly because I didn't know I was going to be disqualified this year(thought I'd solved everything) and because of my big mistake last year(promoted my vids the day AFTER voting stopped).
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:54 pm

I believe emails were sent out to all members who were in danger of being DQed...
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:05 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:I believe emails were sent out to all members who were in danger of being DQed...
*opens received emails box* . . . .. . hmmm amazon.com . . .plala.com . . .nope , I don't found any email from org
Nothing usefull here .

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:11 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:I believe emails were sent out to all members who were in danger of being DQed...
Not that I know of - from the ones now surprised at having been disqualified.

The only two people I know who were sought out and warned were the better creators not aware of the VCA qualification list - the ones for whom the deadline was extended because they couldn't be found and warned in time.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:17 pm

I didn't get nuthin.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:30 pm

Another question/proposal - participation.

It's called the viewer's choice awards. Then why are people disqualifed from voting just because their vids are disqualified? Without their vids being counted, wouldn't that make them viewers? Is participation limited to creators?

I really don't see why someone not wanting their vids to be included in the contest (by leaving the box unchecked) can't still be a viewer making a choice in the contest. The double disqualification for amv creators doesn't seem fair if people who don't make vids can still vote.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:39 pm

Arigatomyna wrote:Another question/proposal - participation.

It's called the viewer's choice awards. Then why are people disqualifed from voting just because their vids are disqualified? Without their vids being counted, wouldn't that make them viewers? Is participation limited to creators?

I really don't see why someone not wanting their vids to be included in the contest (by leaving the box unchecked) can't still be a viewer making a choice in the contest. The double disqualification for amv creators doesn't seem fair if people who don't make vids can still vote.
Agreed.

While I don't really care about being nominated, it bugs me that I can't nomimate the videos I feel deserving. :cry:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:42 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Arigatomyna wrote:Another question/proposal - participation.

Agreed.

While I don't really care about being nominated, it bugs me that I can't nomimate the videos I feel deserving. :cry:
Nothing usefull here .

Return to “Site Announcements”