Anime Entries Confirmed - Please Check Your Videos

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:28 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:It's on the database but it's not an anime :)

Watch out, though - I mean tatu are getting their own anime so why not the her too :P
WOW! BAM!

istiv
Org Profile

Post by istiv » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:18 pm

ok i get what is wrong. there is 2 files from 2003 in my profile, i didn't see. it's those files that unvalidated my entries :( i guess i would write a deletion form for this two since i really dunno who is the music performer.

thx for help ;)

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:34 pm

Well, my first question is more of a debate, really... The gray area that defines anime... How are we going to deal with it?

"Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" was directed/scripted by Japan, but it was animated in the US. And it's marked anime. "The Last Unicorn" was written/scripted in either the US or Germany(Can't remember which), but all animation was done in Japan. This isn't marked as anime.

My opinion is that since anime means "Japanese animation" it shouldn't matter who "made" it, or where it premiered, it should matter hwo animated it. But how are we going to deal with this greay area? :?

My second question is moreso in the music category.(PS: Thank you for the trailer category!) How are we supposed to enter Trailers? Some people put trailers under the artist "...other...", Others put it under the movie's title, and still others use "Trailer audio" or the studio that produced the film. Which is the "correct" way to enter in trailers?
(I asked this in a thread in Site Help a few months a go, but I got no responses).

Thanks in advance.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:11 am

Usually I give gray areas the benifit of the doubt and mark them anime.

When I looked up info on the Last Unicorn I didn't know about japanese animators as the credits were predominantly western.

As for the sprits within, Squaresoft buying a building in Hawaii and going there to animate the movie doesn't suddenly make them american :P

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:27 am

What's the average time it takes for a delete request to be taken care of?
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

Kai Stromler
Org Profile

Post by Kai Stromler » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:16 pm

Was posting a new video entry today, and happened to see something that I knew was anime crossed off.

And I'm damn certain about this, because I capped Blood Reign off ADV's R1 release, and bought the VHS tapes for Kujaku-oh/Peacock King direct from CPM's liquidation stand at Anime Boston.

I wasn't going to win anything in the VCAs anyway, but it's better if these are marked back as anime where they belong.

video on local using Blood Reign, Curse of Yoma
video on local using Peacock King: Spirit Warrior

regards,

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:19 pm

Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:41 pm

How should merchandise be listed? In one of my videos I used a couple Tenchi Muyo plushies, a couple covers, some pokie boxes, etc. and while they're all related to anime none of them were directly from an anime episode. I just entered all the actual anime I used and left out the merchandise (although I mentioned them in the video description) but how should I have listed it?

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:51 pm

There's entries that start with "Original" all of which are classed as "anime" for sake of ease.

You can choose "Original Photography" and then just describe what that means in the video description.

Return to “Site Announcements”