2004 VCA Rules Clarification and Discussion

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:23 pm

Phade wrote:Hey SQ,

In that case, the video is in violation of rule #3:
2004 VCA Rule #3 wrote:All music video information in the catalog must be as correct as possible. For example, all music and anime information must be filled in correctly without errors such as "various" or "unknown" as the anime title, musical artist, or song. If a video creator fails to correct all of their video information before the deadline (listed below), all of the videos created by that creator will be disqualified from consideration this year. Video creators can request changes to information that can no longer be edited by the video creator by using this form.
Phade.

What if we have been trying to add animes to a music video (which I forgot to do when I created the entry for it) but the "Report a Bug" section has refused to let me add anything (I've sent emails about this and no response).

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:24 pm

See this is what happens. The thread stops and no one addresses the problem I keep having :evil:

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:34 pm

Guys? There are other sites on the web. Some of them are completely dedicated to non-anime fan-created music videos. I hear you can find some of them through this neat website called Google. You may want to check it out. ;) I've heard you can visit more than one site at one time! Imagine, you can post your anime vids here and your non-anime vids somewhere else. That's what's cool about the web; there's more than one site on it. OMG.

Granted, the org is unusually well organized and automated, and that's fantastic. But that doesn't change the fact that it was intended for a particular purpose. I used to write fanfic too, but you don't see me bitching that I should be able to put THAT here.

Waiting for the form as well, and intending to stick live-action vids somewhere appropriate if/when I do make them.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:28 pm

Hey Machine,

Working on it... :-)

Phade.

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:05 am

Phade, could you PLEASE define the "What is and is not Anime" debate so we can get on with our lives (as petty and banal as they may be). In practical terms, is American television animation (such as many of the Adult Swim offerings, and stuff like Undergrads and Clone High) allowed into the database?
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:15 am

The definition I've been using when going through the database is this one:

Anime is animation of the 2d or 3d kind that is produced either in japan or produced by japanese companies or for the japanese market.

Things that are anime:

Cowboy Bebop
Final Fantasy (it's a game but its cutscenes are technically anime)
Pokemon

Things that are partly non-anime but enough of a gray area to define them as anime:

Transformers (commisioned by Hasbro, animated by koreans)
Mysterious Cities of Gold (half french produced)

Things that are not anime:

Any live-action movies, Western or Japanese
Invader Zim
Powerpuff Girls
Undergrads
Clone High
Samurai Jack etc.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:52 am

Hey Dannywilson,

AbsoluteDestiny has the right idea. We are currently going through and confirming items that are definitly anime and definitly non-anime. "Up for debate" items will be set until last since there will be only a few of them compared to the 2500 "anime" listings.

Phade.

Return to “Site Announcements”