The 2004 Viewers Choice Awards

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

The 2004 Viewers Choice Awards

Post by Phade » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:23 pm

Hey Everyone,

It’s that time of year again! Time to start up the 2004 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers Choice Awards!!

This year will have many improvements and changes from previous years, but the two big ones are video hosting and actual prizes! I would like to thank Ulead Software and AnimEigo for generously providing the prizes for this year’s contest.

There have been several rule changes for this coming awards, so please read them carefully. Some of the forms for submitting information corrections are still being worked out, but they should be done soon enough to not affect the timing of events.

The “VCA Shameless Promotions” forum has been opened up so that you can promote and discuss videos that you think are nomination-worthy. I’m sure you will like to promote your own videos, but please also take the time to try to point out videos by other creators that you think deserve recognition that might not be on the minds of everyone.

The first step will be category name nominations. The category nomination tool will be online this evening as well as other tools to follow soon.

Good luck to everyone and have fun!! ^_^

Phade.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:29 pm

Prizes? Awesome!

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:45 pm

BTW, there is no link in rule number seven. If you haven't been able to make the form yet then nm...

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:45 pm

Phade, not that I doubt your judgement, but I think you should close the VCA Self-Promotion Forum until the categories are actually announced. Aside from the basics (action/drama/romance/comedy/etc), we have no idea what we should promote for, and lots of people are naming hypothetical categories (myself included) that may or may not exist by the time categories are announced.

So, when categories are announced, open things up again, but until then maybe we should all be patient and save the pimping for when the contest is about to begin?

-DOKool

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:05 am

Hey dokool,

People can still promote other peoples' and thier own videos as "cool" for the time being. It will take some time for people to download all "cool" videos as it is, so the more time given, the better. Shameless promotions will become more directed to official categories when they are finalized.

Phade.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:18 am

Hey All,

The category suggestion tool is ready and waiting. :-) You may want to look at last years categories for a hint on what may and may not be accepted as a category. Of course, just because it was rejected last year does not automatically mean the category will be rejected this year.

Good luck and have fun!! ^_^

Phade.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:24 am

i.e. best collaborative video

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:34 am

Can we copy and paste some of the rules from last year? The descriptions on many of them were well thought and I doubt I could improve upon them...

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:22 am

Hey,

No, the rules for last year do not apply for this year. But everyone should please read the rules for this year carefully.

Phade.

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:22 am

Hey Phade I've sugested Game music videos , because , I guess that last year was rejected because last year GMVs wasn't allowed to upload in hte local server , but now we have the donut . . . . but I don't know if I'm wrong :roll: . . .
Nothing usefull here .

Return to “Site Announcements”